Dozzell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dozzell

What another great signing. Forget his last couple of mistakes in losing the ball as the kid was completely spent so good substitution. The more i see of him and his role the more I like. He is in the team keeping out Amos, Ball and Field for a reason. He is of course a long term replacement for Johansson but….as he gets more games and starts he is settling in and getting more confident. He is developing the aggression of Ball, the calmness and composure of Amos with the vision of Johnannson. A couple of his passes - long range to Wallace on the edge of the box who nearly scored with a volley and the sublime soft short pass to Austin who nearly scored shows what we are going to get ion spades. We got him for a £1m plus add ons. - at 22 we have got something special here if he keeps progressing and developing - who finds these gems?? A fixture for me at QPR the next three years or so and hopefully in the premiership where his style will be even better suited. Watch him carefully as you watch the game - knits it all together and amazing vision and work rate. Will go to the top!! IMHO

Love this post. Positive and totally agree.

Warbs managed him very well too, that and he's taking his chances. Fair play to him..

Comment

Got a bit sloppy just before he went off gave the ball away in dangerous positions which they nearly scored from, maybe that's why he was hooked, jury's still out for me on him

Comment

I think he's coming along very well. I feared he was a bit lightweight and just not up to rigours of Championship in his initial outings for us but he has settled, adjusted and started to look like a very decent player indeed.
        Only issue for me is we seem to have a lot of players chasing just a couple of midfield slots, something that's exacerbated by our current formation of 3 CBs and 2 WBs. I think Dozzell needs games to continue his development but where does that leave Ball, Field, Amos, Stef? I suppose with 2 games a week they all get a look-in at some point.

Comment

Perhaps there are more like him at Ipswich to help a deal for Bonne to be done.

Comment

I like the way he camouflages his passes. Clearly a player with vision, but still a bit raw.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

The improvement is there for all to see . Looks like he lacks a bit of stamina as passes go astray after an hour .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I think he's coming along very well. I feared he was a bit lightweight and just not up to rigours of Championship in his initial outings for us but he has settled, adjusted and started to look like a very decent player indeed.
                Only issue for me is we seem to have a lot of players chasing just a couple of midfield slots, something that's exacerbated by our current formation of 3 CBs and 2 WBs. I think Dozzell needs games to continue his development but where does that leave Ball, Field, Amos, Stef? I suppose with 2 games a week they all get a look-in at some point.

This is spot on and suspensions and injuries will also be another way for them to get a chance to start some games. Also, with Chair going to play for Morocco in January, there will be another slot in the side to fill.

Comment

Dickie is the one I’m more concerned about stepping out of defence and giving possession away in dangerous areas.

He did it twice last night against Huddersfield and on both occasions they failed to take full advantage,he needs to keep it simple at 0-0 and remember he’s a C/B.

Comment

I take your point about Dickie, buts let's face it, early doors this season when he was stepping up and smashing in worldys we all thought he was the best thing since sliced bread!!!
                    But have to agree he gives me grey hairs at times​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

While we are on the subject of good scouting and potential regarding Dozzell, surely Dunne has to come into that category, slotted in seamlessly and only going to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                        While we are on the subject of good scouting and potential regarding Dozzell, surely Dunne has to come into that category, slotted in seamlessly and only going to get better.
                        Yes. He's made a fantastic start here - I really rate him already. He's everything I'd hoped Masterson was going to be.

Comment

What difference a couple of wins make, this place was full.of doom and gloom after the draw with Forest, now the cup runnerh over !!

​​​​​

Comment

I really rate Dickie but those worldly goals he scored were when space opened up ahead of him to run into.

last night that space ahead was congested when he tried to play intricate one touch passes with teammates to continue his runs forward..entertaining if it comes off when we are up a couple of goals already.. but very dangerous if it fails in a tight game like last night.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                              I really rate Dickie but those worldly goals he scored were when space opened up ahead of him to run into.

last night that space ahead was congested when he tried to play intricate one touch passes with teammates to continue his runs forward..entertaining if it comes off when we are up a couple of goals already.. but very dangerous if it fails in a tight game like last night.
                              We play 3 centre backs our style is for them to step out with the ball , it’s risk and reward and it’s what contributes to make us a good team to watch . We might come unstuck at some point but that’s how we play .

Comment

Working...
                              X