This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    I agree, I've nearly always seen away fans ushered down South Africa Road, someone took a decision to alter the plan on this case, from the little footage I've seen, they were struggling to control the situation when moving the Luton fans away
    They handled the Millwall game the same way , road closures before and after game and all away fans herded down Bloemfontein rd and left onto Uxbridge rd .. Any home fans going to white city station would have had no issues.

Comment

Just look how poorly the way the Metropolitan Police have handled demonstrations in London in the last 2 years, roller skating with Extinction Rebellion, and then their heavy handed way they policed people demonstrating against the Covid restrictions.

The Plod have surly lost the plot.

As I have posted earlier, if they are reading this, please explain why you marched 2,000 Luton Town supporters on a hour’s walk around Shepherds Bush instead of a ten minute walk to the coaches and tube stations down South Africa Rd.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Maybe they seem to use the same plan for troublesome away fans, they may re think it all after this, but as White City is my way out I hope they keep that route safe, I'm too old for all that mucking about nowadays!! Swansea is my next game should be ok for that one

Comment

As much as we are all annoyed with the actions the police took on Friday night, is it not too much to ask human beings just to behave themselves when they go to watch a football match? If you have any manners or morals then that should be enough. Anyone who thinks it's okay to have a scrap with someone because they follow another team needs to have a word with themselves.

Grow up and get a life ffs! There are people out there with real problems and they can keep it in check. Fans watching other sports can walk to a ground/venue, drink in a pub, sit next to one another while cheering for their own teams/individual and shake hands after the match but it seems that football fans are exempt from this!!

Stop acting like a moron and show some class. There's more to life than winning a game of football people.

Comment

NEWS - 21 NOVEMBER 2021 21:17
            Arrest made following QPR football match assault

Detectives have arrested a man as part of their investigation into an assault following the Queens Park Rangers vs Luton Town football match on Friday, 19 November.

The 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on Sunday, 21 November and remains in custody.

Enquiries into the circumstances by officers from the Central West Command Unit remain ongoing.

At around 21:50hrs on Friday, 19 November, officers on duty following the Championship match between QPR and Luton Town came across a man suffering a serious head injury in Uxbridge Road, near the junction with Devonport Road, W12.

The 52-year-old man, who is from the Luton area, was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service. He remains in a life-threatening condition and his family has been informed.

Detectives from the Met’s Central West BCU continue to appeal to anyone who witnessed disorder after the match or who saw the incident which caused the man’s injury. Anyone with mobile phone footage that may be relevant is also urged to contact police.

If you can help, please call 101 and quote CAD7888/19Nov. To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comment

As much as i don't condone what happened, and people should be able to behave, I think SKY need to look at their movement of games, to move a volatile rivalry game to 7.45 on a Friday night is ludicrous , also the Local met don't cover themselves in glory at most away grounds the away fans are held in the ground until the area is clear, we seem to do it the other way round and when half of our fans are already on their way out. my best wishes to the gentleman concerned whether he was involved in trouble or no, I hope he's ok I feel for his family he goes of to watch a football match and doesn't come home, and end up laying in a hospital bed, Absolutely shocking, i believe that the Police now have someone in custody

Comment

NEWS - 22 NOVEMBER 2021 18:30
                Man appears in court charged with assault following QPR vs Luton Town match

Detectives investigating an assault following the Queens Park Rangers vs Luton Town football match on Friday, 19 November have charged a man.

On Monday, 22 November, Jack Ellicott, 26 (14.02.95) of Edgware, was charged with grievous bodily harm. He appeared the same day in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

He was bailed to appear at Isleworth Crown Court on Monday, 20 December.

Comment

Not attempted murder as originally reported then.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Not attempted murder as originally reported then.
                    No , which I presume points to some altercation rather than an unprovoked attack .

Comment

It sounds like QPR fan attacked him (maybe unprovoked?) The Luton fan has hit his head on concrete after being knocked out?!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        As much as i don't condone what happened, and people should be able to behave, I think SKY need to look at their movement of games, to move a volatile rivalry game to 7.45 on a Friday night is ludicrous , also the Local met don't cover themselves in glory at most away grounds the away fans are held in the ground until the area is clear, we seem to do it the other way round and when half of our fans are already on their way out. my best wishes to the gentleman concerned whether he was involved in trouble or no, I hope he's ok I feel for his family he goes of to watch a football match and doesn't come home, and end up laying in a hospital bed, Absolutely shocking, i believe that the Police now have someone in custody
                        I thought police had the powers to veto a time/date if they deemed it neccessary? For years the Met would not let games on Bank Holidays kick off after 1pm to prevent too much boozing beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          Sky would have had no idea how volatile the fixture was , the met however would have 100% known . Should ko times be arranged around fans behaviour though , I’m not sure they should .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No , which I presume points to some altercation rather than an unprovoked attack .
                            Agreed. Doubtful that murder was the intention in a football altercation. That would be very difficult to prove from the criteria below.
                            • Legal definition of attempted murder requires you to “more than physically prepare” to kill someone
                            • Must be proven that murder, not serious injury, was the intent and that the crime was planned
                            • Not a crime committed in the heat of the moment
                            But, GBH with intent still has a maximum of a life sentence. To prove itent it must be demonstrated that the offender both caused severe injuries and intended to cause them.

GBH without intent is when someone only intended to cause 'some harm or pain' rather than 'really serious bodily harm'. This offence has a maximum sentence of five years.

Not knowing the circumstances or what evidence they have it's difficult to know which one they'll go for. If he was hit over the head with an object it would surely be intent, but if he hit his head on the floor after a punch then probably without intent.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              NEWS - 22 NOVEMBER 2021 18:30
                              Man appears in court charged with assault following QPR vs Luton Town match

Detectives investigating an assault following the Queens Park Rangers vs Luton Town football match on Friday, 19 November have charged a man.

On Monday, 22 November, Jack Ellicott, 26 (14.02.95) of Edgware, was charged with grievous bodily harm. He appeared the same day in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

He was bailed to appear at Isleworth Crown Court on Monday, 20 December.
                              I went to Mick Ellicott funeral earlier in the year , wonder if he's a relative

Comment

Admin I probably think threads on this need to be closed due to litigation, I believe LFW have closed all theirs on this subject owing to pending investigation

Comment

Working...
                                X