X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking

https://news.met.police.uk/news/seri...tnesses-437977

I know there is history between the clubs and we can only speculate what happened but this is 2021, I thought the tribal warfare was mostly a thing of the past?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Totally unacceptable. The scenes after the game reminded me of the early 80’s.

I really don’t get it. If you can’t handle the booze, don’t drink!

Comment

WTF.....

Hope he makes it and the idiot(s) are found, convicted and given a good hiding in prison.

Last edited by SheepRanger; 20-11-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hope he makes a full Recovery, it's a shame the old bill got it wrong they should off been kept in the ground until the home fans went home
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            Hope he makes a full Recovery, it's a shame the old bill got it wrong they should off been kept in the ground until the home fans went home
            They are not allowed to keep away fans in that end due to health and safety, the club and police have said this on numerous occasions. I have never seen away fans kept in our ground in all my years of going.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

They are not allowed to keep away fans in that end due to health and safety, the club and police have said this on numerous occasions. I have never seen away fans kept in our ground in all my years of going.
              Then someone needs to change this , if away fans don't meet there is a good chance this doesnt happen ... Wishing the fella a speedy recovery

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Then someone needs to change this , if away fans don't meet there is a good chance this doesnt happen ... Wishing the fella a speedy recovery
                Common sense seems to be a thing of the past, so nothing will change.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

NEWS - 20 NOVEMBER 2021 13:25
                  Seriously injured man found after QPR v Luton match: police appeal for witnesses

Facebook

LinkedIn

Twitter

Download as PDF
                  Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a man was found injured in Uxbridge Road following a Queens Park Rangers football match.

At around 21:50hrs on Friday, 19 November, officers on duty following the Championship match between QPR and Luton Town came across a man suffering a serious head injury.

The 52-year-old man, who is from the Luton area, was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service. He remains in a life-threatening condition and his family has been informed.

Enquiries are ongoing to establish how the man sustained the head injury. At this early stage we believe he may have been assaulted, or otherwise caught up in disorder after the match, in the area of Uxbridge Road near the junction with Davenport Road.

Detectives from the Met’s Central West BCU want to hear from anyone who witnessed disorder after the match or who saw an incident which may have caused the man’s injury. Anyone with mobile phone footage or images that may be relevant is also urged to contact police.

Detective Constable Arrash Faghihi said: “This man sustained a serious head injury, and it is vital that we make contact with witnesses quickly.

“The area was extremely busy after the match and there will undoubtedly be many people with information that will assist police. I need them to get in touch as detectives work to build a complete picture of what happened on Friday night.”

Anyone with information and any witnesses should call 101, ref 7888/19nov. To remain anonymous please contact Crimestoppers.

There has been no arrest. Enquiries continue.
                  Subjects
                  We don't need this at our club.

Comment

I'm not being an apologist for violence but this poor chap might have simply stumbled and hit his head or got clipped by a vehicle. I'd want some CCTV or formal witness statements, not Internet tittle tattle and speculation before reaching any conclusions.
                    Anyway, hopefully the guy fully and quickly recovers to full health.

Comment

I do wonder if we will only give away fans the upper tier for the rest of the season in light of this news.

If we cant hold them back then the alternative is to reduce their allocations for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                        I do wonder if we will only give away fans the upper tier for the rest of the season in light of this news.

If we cant hold them back then the alternative is to reduce their allocations for the rest of the season.
                        But it was stated on the match thread the the Rs were held back? How come away fans cant be held back but the majority being home fans can? Very odd....

Comment

Like to echo best wishes and a speedy recovery for this fella, as much as we all hope and wish that this sort of thing was a thing of the past, it still goes on all the time everywhere, not on the same scale as in the past, and never in grounds any more, but a look at YouTube will show plenty going on. The shocking thing is it was not a couple of crews going at it, as the police would have been all over it, sounds like this fella was on his own and may have been targeted, but I'm sure more will come out, and I hope the culprit/ culprits are identified and dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                            Like to echo best wishes and a speedy recovery for this fella, as much as we all hope and wish that this sort of thing was a thing of the past, it still goes on all the time everywhere, not on the same scale as in the past, and never in grounds any more, but a look at YouTube will show plenty going on. The shocking thing is it was not a couple of crews going at it, as the police would have been all over it, sounds like this fella was on his own and may have been targeted, but I'm sure more will come out, and I hope the culprit/ culprits are identified and dealt with
                            I’ve heard a different story but I wouldn’t want to tarnish this fellas reputation without knowing the full story , either way it’s a sad situation.

Comment

If it turns out he was at it, so to speak, then you reap what you sow, but yes can't make assumptions without really knowing the fact, totally agree

Comment

Working...
                              X