Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading deducted six points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59320479

I’m not too sure if this will open up another can of worms basically both reading and derby continuously broke rules if I were Derby fan or board I’d be onto legal teams

don’t want to see clubs go belly up as fans are the main losers but fans paying the price for inept owners decisions

Comment

Relegation might be decided by which teams get the least points deducted by the EFL.

Who's next for the chop? Cardiff, Forest, Bristol City?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Relegation might be decided by which teams get the least points deducted by the EFL.

Who's next for the chop? Cardiff, Forest, Bristol City?
        Becoming a bit of a joke these owners are so called businessman some shouldn’t run a bath

Comment

why not the whole 12? why delay six until next season,??

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            why not the whole 12? why delay six until next season,??
            Yeah, a six point deduction will not stop teams overspending £19m over a three year period. An extra £6m a season goes a long way and is equivalent to another seven squad players on £15k a week.

Six points is unlikely to send a half decent team down and would be worth the risk if that overspend could give a shot at the top six.

Comment

What does my head in is fact financial year ends April 1st - there should be ample time to submit accounts by the start of any season. How these things drag on so long is baffling.

The very minute the accounts smell whiffy a sanction should be applied, a set sanction. In the unlikely event a satisfactory explanation can be put forward within say, 90 days, the sanction is cancelled.

Comment

With a bit of luck, West Brom, Bournemouth and Fulham have all been at it as well !!! That would help the cause, bit of wishful thinking on my part, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                  With a bit of luck, West Brom, Bournemouth and Fulham have all been at it as well !!! That would help the cause, bit of wishful thinking on my part, lol
                  Fulham were quite clever in that lots of their team were loaned in last season so once they were relegated they weren't saddled with half-a-dozen overpaid mercenaries on their books. As I recall, Mitrovic didn't get much of a look in last season, mainly a bench-warmer. Even the acquisition of Wilson shows as zero on their accounts this season due to the fishy buy now pay when you feel like it nature of the deal.

Comment

We have half a chance of staying up at this rate

Comment

Working...
                    X