January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Rumours

What's all them reports that WHU are after our Dickie ? They are 3rd in the premiership and they have all of Europe to chose a CB !!

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    What's all them reports that WHU are after our Dickie ? They are 3rd in the premiership and they have all of Europe to chose a CB !!
    Isn't Ogbnonha out injured for months? Dickie is probably the hottest property in world football right now so we should expect a frenzy of interest in him over the January window.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Isn't Ogbnonha out injured for months? Dickie is probably the hottest property in world football right now so we should expect a frenzy of interest in him over the January window.
      His form has dipped since the August window, so hopefully interest in him has cooled a bit.

Comment

No way is he good enough for the premiership.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I'm not convinced he's good enough either but if they know better its £15m please. They've just sold 27% of the share to some billionaire from the Czech Republic. They will have some investment money to spend and perhaps they see Dickie as a squad player that will be used in the cups and games against the weaker teams. Even a squad player would cost £15m.

Comment

25 year old decent English centre back = min 20 million. They will spend 30 million on some French young lad we have never heard of though!! Some clubs don't seem to want to buy young English players from the championship.

Although in West hams defence they have prob bucked that trend by signing bowen and benramha who have started to fit well esp bowen who struggled a little at the start.

Comment

If they do go after him it’ll cost them! He’s still under contract for another 2 years isn’t he? Let’s just hope they don’t try and palm off their reserves on us again, the same way they pulled our pants down with the Sinclair deal!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                If they do go after him it’ll cost them! He’s still under contract for another 2 years isn’t he? Let’s just hope they don’t try and palm off their reserves on us again, the same way they pulled our pants down with the Sinclair deal!
                He's under contract to June 2024 and I suspect we have another year as an option.

After reflecting, top CBs that you would expect to see in the very top games and the champions league are £80m. So to save their legs in the lesser games, surely their back ups would be circa £20m.

His lack of pace, speed over 3-4 strides would concern me. But at 6"4' he would be the heading expert and perhaps a quicker player could play alongside him to make a good pairing? Not sure how these team set up tactically like that.

I think £20m would be more than enough to cover our COVID shortfall and I'm confident we already have our eye on the next batch of replacements from L1.

What's the word on Joe Gubbins? In the fold and not considered for a loan, or didnt anyone want him? Is he ready to step up?

Comment

We have a ready replacement in Masterson ???

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    We have a ready replacement in Masterson ???
                    He was sent out to gain experience and now has 33 senior appearances to his name at 23 yrs old. Dickie was 24 when he joined us and had 166 senior appearances to his name.

You could well be right, but it would be the cheaper option than finding an older player with more experience. I think Masterson should stay out on loan this season and next to be fully ready. Hope I'm wrong though and hes ready now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      No way is he good enough for the premiership.
                      Couldn’t agree more he’s struggling in the championship at the moment severe lack of pace, he’s form gone downhill recently , mind you so as all the teams,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Couldn’t agree more he’s struggling in the championship at the moment severe lack of pace, he’s form gone downhill recently , mind you so as all the teams,
                        We’ve conceded 1 goal in open play in last 3 games and that was an unlucky deflection v forest , defence can’t be doing to bad .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I will have a pint of that

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

I will have a pint of that
                            It’s sarcasm, we are good at running down our own players on this site sadly , but if you mention Todd Kane , he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Nothing to do with running down our own players if some of us don't think he is a Prem top 6 player yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X