No announcement yet.

Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that as soon as people start digging a player out on here, that humble pie is on the menu.

What are the odds on a hattrick against Blackpool?

Comment

Don't know what's happened to Chas , unfit , slow , snatching at chances . One of his biggest strengths was he'd always hit the target when shooting not now . He's only 32 so he isn't old must be something else going on

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Don't know what's happened to Chas , unfit , slow , snatching at chances . One of his biggest strengths was he'd always hit the target when shooting not now . He's only 32 so he isn't old must be something else going on
        His speed, weight and fitness levels were regularly discussed by Burnley fans, as one of them told me. There has always been accusations of unprofessionalism thrown at him and at Swindon there was the toilet/drugs/assault thing that went on and his lady interests, but he could always put the ball in the net. If that's gone then we're left with a bench warmer and CR coach. He said before joining us that he's a family man now, but perhaps previous antics are now catching up with him? Hopefully he has more interest in football than the horses, with the latter being considerable from a sporting angle (not betting)

Comment

I think he wants to be a pundit as his main bread and butter after playing days. Does quite bit on talk shite already. Maybe on soccer Saturday a la Mackie. He occasionally shows up on soccer am.

But I think he be great addition to our coaching team, particularly with the strikers or in the youth set up.

Personally don't see him as a future manager, but who knows.

Ie there is no one size fits all when it comes down to a manager.

If he was would have him down as a Sean Dyche, Ian Holloway, Neil Warnock type ie definitely a kicking butt type - as opposed to that of the technical analyst mode a la Wenger, Warburton etc..

Comment

I agree with Conor…we seem to be forgetting the 2 excellent goals Vs Everton…
            ”class is permanent!”….

Comment

Never thought I would see warbs and wenger mentioned in the same sentence when it comes to the analytical side of the game. But hey ho. I'd rather austin got on with his day job rather than concentrating on his interests for his days off. He's 32 not 35.

If he lost a bit more weight and gets his sharpness back then we have one of the best strikers in this league. The guy is the best finisher we have ever had at this club imo..

It seems like people are thinking like he's about to announce his retirement. He has another year and a half with us. Get his head down and start banging a few goals in. Not pitching up on soccer am or cracking jokes with fatboy Brazil.

Comment

I love Charlie. His current fitness levels probably merit what he gets (half starts, half bench). Does seem to be an issue with him getting proper fit though, not sure whether unprofessional or just the historic injuries restricting the time he can put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
                  I agree with Conor…we seem to be forgetting the 2 excellent goals Vs Everton…
                  ”class is permanent!”….
                  Priskin or Leon Clarke wouldn't have missed the 1st one , 2 of the worst forwards ever to Don the colours

Comment

Devon and Brett to name 2….!

Comment

Devon white was OK.. Brett angel was a waste of space. At least Devon gave his all. He was only used when les got injured and did ok..scored a couple of very good goals.

Devon scored 9 in 26 games
                      Brett scored 0 in 13 games

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
                        Devon and Brett to name 2….!
                        Bruno did well for us whenever he was called upon , remember him scoring a few for us in the premier league.

Comment

All strikers go through a bad patch. CA is currently in the midst of one. Leave him alone as definitely he is still a good striker.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                              I'd rather austin got on with his day job rather than concentrating on his interests for his days off. He's 32 not 35.

If he lost a bit more weight and gets his sharpness back then we have one of the best strikers in this league. The guy is the best finisher we have ever had at this club imo..
                              No. Not best finisher, we ever had !!!

Les certainly was much more clinical especially from headers.

And best natural goalscorer, although bit before my time was Clive Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post

No. Not best finisher, we ever had !!!

Les certainly was much more clinical especially from headers.

And best natural goalscorer, although bit before my time was Clive Allen.
                                Oh for that partnership of Goddard & Allen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X