Slightly QPR related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly QPR related

If Newcastld get relegated this season and drop into our division (unless the play off dream happens) will they be able to spend the Saudi money?...I seem to recall that we were fine in the Prrmier League, it was only when we dropped back into the EFL that we got hit with FFP fines....I know we were in the EFL when it happened but EPL and EFL rules differ I believe?

I think I read that Ashley ran such a tight ship that they could spend £200m in Jan and still stay within FFP over a three year period.

Comment

Gawd knows. They did change the rules after our case though. Thing is, people forget other teams have gone up by breaking FFP in recent years.... Leicester and Bournemouth for instance. They just stayed up and happily paid the fine while peeing themselves laughing. I presume Newcastle could just do likewise?
      FFP in the Championship is never going to bite unless they annul the promotion of any team found overspending.

It's like the water companies who have been deliberately dumping muck and effluence in rivers over past few years.... it's cheaper for them to pay the fines than cleanly deal with the stuff so they take the cost effective route of chucking turds into rivers. Sorry, I've really gone none- Rangers but it sort of illustrates the mentality I think.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ronment-agency

Comment

Working...
      X