Lyndon Dykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyndon Dykes

Not sure how severe it is but dykes wearing a moon boot after the forest match would suggest he won't be involved for the next 2 games. Means we prob have to start gray or Austin upfront. I'd go with gray based on the fact he can actually run and last an hour. Austin to replace or come on for the last 20 mins.

It's quite embarrassing that our biggest earner isn't able to last 90 mins and isn't fit. From having all these great options after the transfer window we are really only left with dykes who has proved his worth. The other 2 have been a major disappointment so far imo.

I worry about our inability to hold the ball up without Dykes. Additionally we run the risk of getting over run in midfield if were to play Gray and Austin together.

Assuming that Lyndon is out and it doesn’t look good does it, also assuming that De Vijs and Mccalum are out too, I would go with;

Dieng

Adomah
    Dickie
    Dunne
    Barbet
    Moses

Stef
    Dozzell
    Willock
    Chair

Austin

Subs
    Archer
    Kakay
    Amos
    Ball
    Gray
    Duke McKenna
    Drewe

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      I worry about our inability to hold the ball up without Dykes.
      Dykes deosn't actually hold the ball up and bring others into the attack all that well. Neither does he win loads of headers lumped up to him.

I'm not digging him out, I really rate him and I think he's great at what he does, it's just that these two things he doesn't do well.

Others in other threads want the ball putned up for him to head on, I can only assume that they haven't been watching him.

If he isn't fit for Cardiff, I would want Austin in from the start and then replaced by Gray when he tires.

I think Dozzell warrants a start after his performance against Forest and Uncle desrerves to keep his place as well, so the team above would be about right.

Comment

Working...
      X