Lazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    How ever u setup u need the right personnel. We have players that don't seem to be good enough
    Good enough for mid table Championship. Perhaps the owners are happy to settle for that? We will see in Jan if they help Warbs out in a couple of key areas, RB/RWB especially. Personally, I’d send Gray back to Watford. He’s been nothing short of rubbish! If we can recall Bonne, that saves us a few quid. If not, perhaps look for a young, hungry, pacy CF from the lower leagues wanting to make the step up and move his career forward. All conjecture ofcourse, we have to be in and around the top 10 come Jan, so let’s wait and see. Starting with 3 points tonight against the Tricky Trees please! You Rrs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chaz0303 View Post
      The 5 at the back system drives me f**cking insane. For some clubs it works, sure, it isn't working for us. We lose a player in midfield with 5 at the back, get us back to 4 have full backs and proper wingers and some overlapping down the flanks where we could do some damage. We have the players to do well which is why we are where we are, but the system clearly doesn't work for them. I'd love nothing more than MW to stick with it and prove me wrong, but I fear he will be too stubborn to make an appropriate change.
      It used to work, but with poor wingbacks who leaves us too exposed at the back it fails.

A lack of decent defensive coaching is also hindering the team.

As for passing the ball back to the keeper I was watching on Tuesday night and noted that in the 1st half nearly every time we had the ball near the halfway line it was worked back to Dieng. Perhaps the players are on a bonus for each time they pass the ball back to him!! All it seems to achieve is time for the opponents to regroup or to close us down and steal the ball. It was the same in the 1st half of last season.

MW seems to be too stubborn to change at times and his after match comments are like groundhog day - "we must do better, take our rewards, cut out individual errors" etc.

The season so far is going better than last time, but is in danger of slumping if we carry on conceding at least 2 goals a game. We also need to learn to see out games and accept a draw in some of them by not pushing so many players so far up field. i.e. Bristol City and Peterborough. This doesn't need to mean sitting back in our own penalty area as we have also done in recent seasons, especially MWs 1st one. We need to find a balance and that is something MW needs to get a grip on.

Comment

Originally posted by chaz0303 View Post
        We definitely need more natural wingers with pace in the side
        When Wallace is fit, perhaps McCallum can fill that role. He has some pace and looks like he has an eye for goal too.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Even Holloway persisted with wing backs until he eventually conceded and went 442.

Its the modern way with five at the back.

Can anyone name a manager in the top two divisions who plays 442......?
          Dyche

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Burnley. Southampton, Everton, brighton all play 442
            Yes. Surely others play 4-3-3 too, ie 2 CBs and a pair of FBs. Liverpool are definitely 4 at the back. 3 CBs is NOT as widespread as some seem to think. It's certainly not the defacto modern way.

I posted months ago Warburton had invented a new formation that involved having no full-backs and no wingers, a sort of 3-2-2-2-1, and I still stand by that opinion.

Comment

Our main problem is our wing back play more like wingers than full backs. There are acres of space behind them and asking 3 medium paced centre backs to cover the width of the pitch is asking fir trouble. It's even worse on big pitches away from home when we get stretched more than normal. We finished with 4 at the back on Friday night and we actually looked a lot more comfortable. Either chair or willock start on the left. Albert on the right flank. Dykes plus one other up top.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                O. We finished with 4 at the back on Friday night and we actually looked a lot more comfortable.
                They were all over us last 15 mins, creating loads of half chances and scored the equalizer.
                Not exactly comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                  They were all over us last 15 mins, creating loads of half chances and scored the equalizer.
                  Not exactly comfortable.
                  Was you watching a different match?

Comment

Working...
                  X