On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

At last a clean sheet, 3 points, and justice done in the end.
    Dreadful first 45 with neither team creating anything, we were sloppy, losing possession easily and unable to pass the ball 1 yard, saying that we had a blatant penalty for handball missed by the officials, who were giving us very little.

Second half was much better with Uncle Albert having a blinder, our movement was better and passing a lot slicker, Blackburn we’re wasting time with their keeper taking the ####.
    Justice prevailed in the end when Chair smashed home a screamer, for once we saw the game out with ease.

Mowbray nearly had a seizure when only 4 minutes extra time was added on, however why should they benefit from their own time wasting.
    A very important win against a fairly poor Blackburn team, and the bonus of a clean sheet.

Finally take a bow Uncle, simply unplayable at times.

Thanks Romford, that's how it looked on the big screen, Uncle was great even when the rest of the team were struggling to get anything going! I hope you stayed dry, it looked like it was teaming down for long periods of the match!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Very good summary Romford. Uncle was the best player on the pitch tonight. Does he have it in him to do it all over again on Saturday is the main thing? I know he hasn't played much lately but at 33, he might not have the legs to back it up. I'm praying he can because we look such a better side with him in it. A mention to amos aswell tonight who really swung the game back in our favour when he came on. Was very impressed with his urgency to drive forward with the ball which neither dozzell or ball were able to do. Great win against a side who came for a point and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        Thanks Romford, that's how it looked on the big screen, Uncle was great even when the rest of the team were struggling to get anything going! I hope you stayed dry, it looked like it was teaming down for long periods of the match!
        By some miracle the rain stopped at the end of the game

Comment

Chair is weighing in with some big goals, match winning goals. Very encouraging and hopefully something he'll keep delivering.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Chair is weighing in with some big goals, match winning goals. Very encouraging and hopefully something he'll keep delivering.
            Yep indeed and let's hope people remember that the next time he does have a poor game, and "holds onto the ball too long". The type of player that he is it's not always going to work out for him, but he is one of our few true match winning players, which is easy to forget at times.

Comment

Yesterday I couldn't imagine where we'd be without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Yep indeed and let's hope people remember that the next time he does have a poor game, and "holds onto the ball too long". The type of player that he is it's not always going to work out for him, but he is one of our few true match winning players, which is easy to forget at times.
                Fans tend to have very short memories though. He is a match winner and will have poor games too (Bowles also had a few of those each season), but he will chip in with winning goals and assists if allowed to stay on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                X