Sunderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland

I think we all know this is our biggest game in the last 7years. I think we have to be realistic as we now can see we don't have enough to be a top 6 side, midtable is where we will expect to finish which is a bit of a shame but what a massive game that makes Sunderland. We're well and truly due a cup run and a semi final or even final would be a bit special
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

We have enough to be fighting for a play off spot 100%

A cup run would be bloody awesome though and everything should be thrown at it.

Comment

I see us finishing around 10th but why we have a chance of POs we need to go for it . We must go strong in the cup as a winning team breeds confidence . Wins against Blackburn and pboro put us right back in the mix

Comment

Its far too early to write off our playoff chances.

There were those still eyeing a play off spot into the last 2 months of last season.

Keep the faith.

Comment

My guess is we'll scrape into 6th. And then it's a lottery. Far rather beat Blackburn tonight than win the Sunderland game and lose today. Think there's only 3 better teams than us, with about another 6 of very similar standard to us. But in Warburton i trust.

Comment

Beat Sunderland and its a one off game before Christmas. Win that and its a 2-leg semi during a break in the league programme first 2 weeks of January. That doesn't sound too onerous and I can't see how chucking 100% effort into EFL Cup would derail our league season. Indeed I feel the buzz and confidence around the club would rocket and buoy our league form if we beat Sunderland.

Comment

Play every game to win, especially when there's a chance to get to a Quarter final. As said above even if beating sunderland screws us in the forest game we have plenty of time to rescue a playoff run thereafter

Comment

I'm confident of making the play offs but think there are three better teams in the division for promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Beat Sunderland and its a one off game before Christmas. Win that and its a 2-leg semi during a break in the league programme first 2 weeks of January. That doesn't sound too onerous and I can't see how chucking 100% effort into EFL Cup would derail our league season. Indeed I feel the buzz and confidence around the club would rocket and buoy our league form if we beat Sunderland.
                  Agree with this and with and think that we have enough to challenge for a PO spot too. There are the standout sides of Bournemouth, WBA and Fulham and then we are in the mix with 7 or 8 other clubs for the other 3 places.

Winning matches breeds confidence so going for the QFs spot should help boost that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Play every game to win, especially when there's a chance to get to a Quarter final. As said above even if beating sunderland screws us in the forest game we have plenty of time to rescue a playoff run thereafter
                    playing on a Friday and in front of the cameras is more likely to screw us for the Forest game than going for it against Sunderland. We lost against WBA after beating Everton on penalties for that very reason (and of course they scored 2 against our 1).

It would be interesting to see a list of all the previous Friday night games QPR have played since 1997. I tried Google without success.

Comment

Working...
                    X