On loan or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On loan or not

Last year Austin and Johansen were on loan and were important players….
    Now, getting contacts for several years they are……slow and seemingly much worse….

Coincidence?

Hard to argue otherwise. Both are well off it.

Comment

Charlie was great against Everton but otherwise has looked completely broken for a lot of this season (must cut him some slack for the family issues that hit him for a while). That said, Grey was even worse!

Johansen - huge disappointment. He is much better higher up the pitch but with Chair and Willock in advanced positions and Ball not great at getting moves going he is being played very deep where he just tippy taps it back and forth with the centre half and doesn't really get us moving up the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Charlie was great against Everton but otherwise has looked completely broken for a lot of this season (must cut him some slack for the family issues that hit him for a while). That said, Grey was even worse!

Johansen - huge disappointment. He is much better higher up the pitch but with Chair and Willock in advanced positions and Ball not great at getting moves going he is being played very deep where he just tippy taps it back and forth with the centre half and doesn't really get us moving up the pitch.
        Playing alongside Ball while not being a defensive midfielder at all, and in front of a shambolic defence, I think Stefan is doing ok to be fair. Austin on the other hand looks unfit and overweight. Both have struggled with injures as well I presume.. Just my opinion of course.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I think both are miles off being fully fit. I've never seen austin look so slow than he was today. He did absolutely nothing. Stef is a shadow of the player he was on loan. He can't sprint and seems to be at half speed the whole time. Why can't he get up and down the pitch?? He's 30 years old and should be as fit as a butchers dog!!

Comment

Load of ######## digging out players that have been good and will be good for us.

Comment

That's your opinion. Both have been good for us but based on current form especially in stefs case then the guy is well below the standards he set last season, both look out of sorts.

Austin needs to play alongside dykes to get the best out of him. He can't play with his back to goal. He needs a supply of crosses in the box. If we do that then he will do the rest. Our captain shouldn't escape criticism when its warranted. If he's not doing his job then fans will notice. Imo I think he's not fit and maybe a couple of games out of the team and letting him get fitter in training might be better for him.

Comment

Charlie maybe off pace but he still has the instincts he's hired for, he was never good as a loan striker and was never particularly fast. ould he do more yes, but really he needs to be up top with Lyndon. That is when we saw the best of both of them last season.

Stefan also needs to be more advanced. He's not aggressive and he's not going to muscle challenges, his touch is light and in that area of the pitch finesse is not required. He's no Carrick but has that same style, only need to be in the opponents half not theirs.

I feel our wing backs are the biggest issue. In this formation they have to be very good, and they are not, neither wings are defending or attacking particularly well, leaving the rest of the team to stretch out filling gaps or going too direct. I still think Chair is selfish and though that can win games, he's not good enough to do it every match.

Would love to see the wingbacks addressed next window, Wallace to return and try and consistently have 2 upfront then see how we get on.

Comment

Working...
                X