Warburton - sort out the defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

True about Mitrovic but we are routinely letting in two goals against even mediocre teams.
    The balance isn’t right in midfield, johansen is a luxury and something has to give .Him Willock and chair in the same team against the better sides doesn’t work , we get overrun. Ideally I would have played Amos / Field in front of back 3 and sacrifice one of the flair players.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

The balance isn’t right in midfield, johansen is a luxury and something has to give .Him Willock and chair in the same team against the better sides doesn’t work , we get overrun. Ideally I would have played Amos / Field in front of back 3 and sacrifice one of the flair players.
      100% Johansen is a luxury.

If all 3 are fit Amos and Field need to play alongside Johansen.

433 formation would allow for both Willock and Chair

Johansen is suspended for the Blackburn game so Amos,Dozzell and Ball for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I think Ball has overall been quite good in the midfield for us this season but a yellow card in the 7th minute surely hinders the way he has to play the game and we certainly need him doing the dirty work for the concerns you have about too many flair players!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I think Ball has overall been quite good in the midfield for us this season but a yellow card in the 7th minute surely hinders the way he has to play the game and we certainly need him doing the dirty work for the concerns you have about too many flair players!
          I’ve got a lot of time for Ball and what he does , I just believe Amos and Field are far better players , let’s be honest Ball is in the side because Field is injured.

Comment

I like Ball too but one of his weaknesses is he gets booked for silly, niggling fouls, often when he has been embarrassed by a better player. Cynically, no one minds a yellow if it stops a likely goal, but a lot of our yellows (like Johansen's) were just because our players were clumsy and slow.

Comment

Badly missing Field & Wallace

Comment

Was very disappointed in Johansen today. More concerned with chumming it up with his former Fulham teammates than inspiring his own at QPR.

Comment

Watching the Highlights back,d it seemed so easy for them to get round us. Th problems were all said in the viewsin this thread - defensive lapses across our back five and short in midfild control. As we are bound currently with Warburton's choice(s) of player then I think best to have a stronger midfield so at the expence of either Willock or Chair then add Dozzell 0r Amos with Ball and Johanson for a three man midfield.

Comment

Agree with a stronger midfield, but Willock (and at times Chair) are our best offensive playmakers.

Use Ball only on defense to help close out games where we lead; replace Johansen when in similar situation with Amos or Dozzell (Stefan can’t or won’t defend), and when we need offensive spark ALWAYS start by subbing in Albert over Gray.

Comment

Dom Ball aint as bad as people make out if it was a 4 at the back. This 3 with wing backs kills us against decent sides...far too exposed on the wings

Comment

Working...
                      X