Number 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 6

Is it just me or are we a PROPER number 6 away from being a quality team?

I've seen a few posts recently about individual defenders and while they all seem to be highly rated the consensus is that they aren't protected.

We desperately need that player to break down play like Derry or Bircham (for those that don't remember them a cheaper Keane or Viera). While Dom ball does a job for us, and I do like him, he isn't the number 6 that is going to save the back 4/5 and cover them when needed.

Other than the basic play, if you look at every time the opposition (especially PNE) had a player in the referee's ear, we didn't have our equivalent Sean Derry disputing their point - we just ignored it and let them influence the reff without having our say.

we have the rest of the squad figured out and I honestly believe we are 1 deep lying midfielder that is a leader away from brain championship (let alone playoff) contenders. Am I being absurd or does this seem like the obvious missing piece to the puzzle?

But harsh on the DOMinator mate. Think he’s done well for us tbh. Our attacking exploits far outweigh our defensive abilities, that way we are always likely to be open to counter attack. I know it’s frustrating conceding silly goals, I get that. But I’d much rather watch an entertaining 4-3 win to the Supa hoops than a boring 1-0 mate. Besides, looking on the positives, we will have Sam Field in contention for a starting place when fit soon too! You Rrs!!!

Comment

Dom ball probably been more consistent than most regular starters

yep he’s got limitation but he’s fully committed gives 100% Sam field back soon he’s probably a better passer but I think the exposure midfield has is down to our style of play

Comment

Think we are covered there with Field and Ball. It's RWB that worries me with Moses and Kakay.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Think we are covered there with Field and Ball. It's RWB that worries me with Moses and Kakay.
          Agree we are woefully short at RWB

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Would be so nice to strengthen there come Jan, Field and Amos to come back, can see us having a Purple Patch as I said and as Lincoln said, who wants a boring 1-0
            I not saying we are going up or we will finish here or there but I am loving watching us play again.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

We won't be signing another full back as that will prove the manager has recruited badly as warbs appears to be quite stubborn when his plans start to fall apart. He will stick with moses and/or Ossie who so far have looked the weakest players in our starting 11.

Kakay is just not good enough for this level unfortunately. He does his best and never gives up but we see the frailties in his game all too often. Moses doesn't appear to be a step up from the man he replaced. Looks better going forwards but isn't a great defender and has no awareness of danger which considering his age and experience doesn't inspire confidence.

It's a shame that we were happy to spend money on dozzell who won't be a first team regular this year but we wouldn't spend money on a decent right back which was a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

We won't be signing another full back as that will prove the manager has recruited badly as warbs appears to be quite stubborn when his plans start to fall apart. He will stick with moses and/or Ossie who so far have looked the weakest players in our starting 11.

Kakay is just not good enough for this level unfortunately. He does his best and never gives up but we see the frailties in his game all too often. Moses doesn't appear to be a step up from the man he replaced. Looks better going forwards but isn't a great defender and has no awareness of danger which considering his age and experience doesn't inspire confidence.

It's a shame that we were happy to spend money on dozzell who won't be a first team regular this year but we wouldn't spend money on a decent right back which was a priority.
                You mean like when he signed Bonne.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

You mean like when he signed Bonne.
                  Bonne was expected to be involved in the matchday squads every week and he was. Unfortunately for him, he found goals hard to come by and the arrival of austin was something the club had to act on or we were heading for league 1. Bonne can come back and be a good option for us especially if he hits 20+ goals this season. I don't see a long term plan in place for our full backs. We recruited young players for other positions to be here for the long term. We didn't do that for our full back spots.

Comment

Working...
                  X