Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

you forget dieng and eze.
    No I'm not. Its outfield players since start of August 2018. You can go back more years to catch likes of Eze and Furlong in the net but you'd also catch another 30-odd that were loaned out and then quietly disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

No I'm not. Its outfield players since start of August 2018. You can go back more years to catch likes of Eze and Furlong in the net but you'd also catch another 30-odd that were loaned out and then quietly disappeared.
      This probably applies to every club up and down the country it’s not exclusive to us .

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Wouldn't be surprised if they are seeing how the B team goes with one eye on abolishing the U23s next season. With the U23s they have more than likely been playing against the same players that they did at school.
        For sure.
        I get U18s and U21s but after that you if you cant play against other pros you might as well pack up. They might have more skill and awareness but physically get them on the same pitch and get them learning. At amatuer level I was playing senior football at 15yrs and coped quite easily from a physical perspective, but I was stocky and strong, not like some of the skinny runts I see around.

Comment

5 players that used loans as a step stone to excell their career and work their way into our first team squad out of 33 is not a bad conversion. As mentioned above some are still young and can make it with us, like Masterson and Kelman so we could easily look at 7 out of 33 which is 20%.

If 20% isn’t good enough, and is proof that we should scrap the loan concept, then we should scrap U23 and the academy as well, as the convertion rates for these are way below 20%.

To me, Eze and Chair are reasons enough to continue the loan structure as it must be considered a success simply based on those two cases alone.

Comment

Scored again

Comment

We could go round in circles for ever... there's a more pressing point to consider:

Does loaning Bonne out and loaning Gray in stack up? I'm not saying anything, just gonna leave that one hanging

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                We could go round in circles for ever... there's a more pressing point to consider:

Does loaning Bonne out and loaning Gray in stack up? I'm not saying anything, just gonna leave that one hanging
                We needed to have the option of some pace up front in the squad , dykes , Austin and Bonne don’t really offer that . You only need to see grays goal at wba , none of our other strikers would have scored that .. I thought Bonne was under used last season , especially when Dykes was really struggling. Next season Austin is a year older and I think Bonne is in the Austin mould rather than our other strikers.

Comment

I think Bonne can do a job for us next season ,his confidence should be better and hopefully can make the step up from league 1 to the championship

Comment

But we gonna be in prem not championship

Comment

Originally posted by superhoops1962 View Post
                      But we gonna be in prem not championship
                      its Far too early to judge anything at the moment, there is a hell of a long way to go yet, we have only played 11 games out of 46 so far, thats only 1/4 of the season.

A lot can change between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

its Far too early to judge anything at the moment, there is a hell of a long way to go yet, we have only played 11 games out of 46 so far, thats only 1/4 of the season.

A lot can change between now and then.
                        Agreed.
                        Rather than a play off slot I'm now going for a top 2 finish.

Comment

Can't see him doing well and getting regular game time at Ipswich is anything other than a positive. At his stage he needs regular game time to improve his game and he is getting that. We have Gray this season who at this level is the finished article. All seems to make sense to me.

Comment

fantastic gesture by Bonne.

Maddy, who has severe cerebral palsy and hydrocephalus, is a huge Blues fan and was rushed to Adenbrokes Hospital last month due to pressure building on her brain from a failing shunt.

Before being taken to hospital, Maddy was wearing her beloved Town shirt, meaning the paramedics had to cut it open upon arrival.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/oct...-portman-road/

Comment

Fair play to him. He's the ipswich version of uncle. Nice to see a loan working out well so far and having the player showing us that he is still very capable. The club will have a big decision to make at the end of his loan if he carries on that form.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agreed.
                                Rather than a play off slot I'm now going for a top 2 finish.

And win the Cup against Man City.

Comment

Working...
                                X