No announcement yet.

Bonne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will be a player we will look to sell. Certainly wouldn't have the qualities if we can gain that promotion
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Goes to show that loaning out our players does them a world of good.
      We paid £2million for him to score for us, not against a bunch of donkeys and carthorses in third tier. Still, as long as he's happy and doing well eh? He's not good enough for any upwardly mobile Championship team and at 25 he will learn naff all new trotting out against likes of Fleetwood and Accrington.
      Best case scenario is we sell him in next window and get half our money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

We paid £2million for him to score for us, not against a bunch of donkeys and carthorses in third tier. Still, as long as he's happy and doing well eh? He's not good enough for any upwardly mobile Championship team and at 25 he will learn naff all new trotting out against likes of Fleetwood and Accrington.
        And one of their promising youngsters. If they havent got the cash we'll raid their U23s

Comment

For me it's been more about his technical ability, he's shown that he is a very accomplished player, in a fairy poor side. Eze, Bos, Manning all benefitted from a drop down the league's, why can't Bonne?

Comment

Ipswich mate of mine says he’s been outstanding for them. Not just his goal scoring exploits, but his overall all round play. Town would love to sign him on a permanent, but he thinks they won’t be able to afford him

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

For me it's been more about his technical ability, he's shown that he is a very accomplished player, in a fairy poor side. Eze, Bos, Manning all benefitted from a drop down the league's, why can't Bonne?
              We didn't loan out either BOS or Manning to a lower league team. The latter was sent on loan to the then Championship side, Rotherham and we bought the former from a lower league side. Bonne is not going to improve because of this loan. But as Abseit said, if MW doesn't rate him it's best we try and sell him in January.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

We didn't loan out either BOS or Manning to a lower league team. The latter was sent on loan to the then Championship side, Rotherham and we bought the former from a lower league side. Bonne is not going to improve because of this loan. But as Abseit said, if MW doesn't rate him it's best we try and sell him in January.
                I stand corrected on Bos, I was thinking of Chair's loan move to Stevenage.
                I don't think it's best to sell him in January though, as there is no urgency to get rid of him, I would let him see out the season, and then assess the situation.

Comment

Jamie Vardy was a late developer you know , hasn’t had a bad career , I think a year of goals in league 1 will do him and us a world of good going forward.

Comment

If Warburton did not rate Bonne, we would most likely have sold him, not sent him on loan. However, the transfer market is very poor and has almost collapsed for the kind of quality Bonne posseses. I am therefore open for the fact that we sent him on loan with a recall clause in January, with the idea we could take him back in January if he does well and there are interested clubs that can match our valuation. It is a strategy similar to the one Burnley had for Nakhi.

But I lean more to the fact we sent him on loan as part of his development, as Warburton thinks there is a good player in there that could benefit from a loan. If he continues banging them in for fun I could see us taking him back in January, in particular if one of our three striker are getting injured.

Comment

Here we go then.....

Below is a list of all the outfield players we've loaned out over the past three full seasons. How anyone can read the list and think that loaning out our kids and second-stringers pays dividends and ultimately provides us with a rich source of decent first teamers is beyond me. Maybe this sort of ratio is par for the course across all clubs, I dunno and don't really care - it's just a calm/detached look at the outfield players we've farmed out recently which makes me reluctant to believe that loans have any discernible developmental impacts on the players concerned. Most of the loans actually seem to be the first step towards their eventual exits. Having seen Bonne huffing and puffing up front for us I've no reason to expect a gap year in third tier will turn him into Jamie Vardy, but to be clear, I'd be very happy if it did.

Dalling
                      Carlyle
                      Bansal-McNulty
                      Drewe
                      Kendall
                      Woollard-Innocent
                      Gubbins
                      Oteh
                      Shodipo
                      Smyth
                      Duke-McKenna
                      Kefalas
                      Masterson
                      Phillips
                      Hamaleinen
                      Rowan
                      Kakay
                      Alfa
                      Walker
                      Wells
                      Leistner
                      Domi
                      Duncan
                      Wheeler
                      Manning
                      Fox
                      Felix
                      Platt
                      Baptiste
                      Chair
                      Goss
                      Owens
                      Omar

Comment

Here we go then.....

Below is a list of all the outfield players we've loaned out over the past three full seasons. How anyone can read the list and think that loaning out our kids and second-stringers pays dividends and ultimately provides us with a rich source of decent first teamers is beyond me. Maybe this sort of ratio is par for the course across all clubs, I dunno and don't really care - it's just a calm/detached look at the outfield players we've farmed out recently which makes me reluctant to believe that loans have any discernible developmental impacts on the players concerned. Most of the loans actually seem to be the first step towards their eventual exits. Having seen Bonne huffing and puffing up front for us I've no reason to expect a gap year in third tier will turn him into Jamie Vardy, but to be clear, I'd be very happy if it did.

Dalling
                        Carlyle
                        Bansal-McNulty
                        Drewe
                        Kendall
                        Woollard-Innocent
                        Gubbins
                        Oteh
                        Shodipo
                        Smyth
                        Duke-McKenna
                        Kefalas
                        Masterson
                        Phillips
                        Hamaleinen
                        Rowan
                        Kakay
                        Alfa
                        Walker
                        Wells
                        Leistner
                        Domi
                        Duncan
                        Wheeler
                        Manning
                        Fox
                        Felix
                        Platt
                        Baptiste
                        Chair
                        Goss
                        Owens
                        Omar
                        The vast majority on that list are kids starting out in their careers, if you don’t loan them out , how will you ever find out if they will make the grade or not ? It’s not really relevant to Bonne either who already has a track record of scoring at various levels and is not a kid at the start of his career.

Comment

Here we go then.....

Dalling
                          Carlyle
                          Bansal-McNulty
                          Drewe
                          Kendall
                          Woollard-Innocent
                          Gubbins
                          Oteh
                          Shodipo
                          Smyth
                          Duke-McKenna
                          Kefalas
                          Masterson
                          Phillips
                          Hamaleinen
                          Rowan
                          Kakay
                          Alfa
                          Walker
                          Wells
                          Leistner
                          Domi
                          Duncan
                          Wheeler
                          Manning
                          Fox
                          Felix
                          Platt
                          Baptiste
                          Chair
                          Goss
                          Owens
                          Omar
                          you forget dieng and eze.

Comment

Isnt this the reason why we're going down the B team route?

But Dieng, Eze, Chair, Kakay and Manning all got to the first team and Eze made us loads of money. Many of those are still with us and are young. If two of those make it to the first team that's not a bad return.

If I made it through the juniors, youth and U23s I'd think I was virtually there. Sadly many at U23s still end up lower leagues or non-league. So close, but not far enough.

I worked with a guy once whose lad joined Man Utd at 8yrs, got released at 12yrs and after four years at Rochdale has just signed scholarship terms at 16yrs. From 12-16yrs every summer only 3-4 would progress to the next year and other boys brought in who had been released by bigger clubs. He survived four cuts but his chances of making it as a pro are still very slim. His dad knows it and so does the boy apparently.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if they are seeing how the B team goes with one eye on abolishing the U23s next season. With the U23s they have more than likely been playing against the same players that they did at school.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

you forget dieng and eze.
                                No I'm not. Its outfield players since start of August 2018. You can go back more years to catch likes of Eze and Furlong in the net but you'd also catch another 30-odd that were loaned out and then quietly disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X