On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

####ing soaked to the skin, what a diabolical night, now on to the game.

Fairly poor first 30 minutes from both sides, misplaced and over hit passes and our players constantly losing possession.
    We settled after the first goal and played some decent stuff, second half all Rangers and I don’t think Brum had a shot on target.
    Motm was our little magician Chair who was back to his best,downsides were Obujado who is a liability and Dieng still looked a bit nervy, Dozzell did very little and Amos is far better.

Overall a comfortable victory and a clean sheet in truly shocking conditions.

I just seen Lee Bowyer's after match interview, he's deluded, he reckons they were unlucky, didn't get what they deserved, they were on top and we hit them on the break....twice...etc...

Comment

I watched on sky red button, I agree first half hour was poor, late on in 2nd half we could of got a 3rd but hey ho.
      Decent placing in table and Preston up next, hopefully another 3 points.
      Good to win after 3 straight league defeats but to be honest we should or could easily have got at least a point in the 3 defeats, let's hope that was a wobble and nothing more.
      At times this season we have looked great and then we self destruct, I would be happy just to be in top half of table and always within reach of top 6 and delighted if we made it come may.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
        I just seen Lee Bowyer's after match interview, he's deluded, he reckons they were unlucky, didn't get what they deserved, they were on top and we hit them on the break....twice...etc...
        They got exactly what they deserved, very poor team who created nothing, not sure what he was watching.

Comment

Neither Dozzell nor Moses were liablities, imo. Amos was very good. But I watched it on QPR+ , which is a bit different from watching it live at the stadium obviously.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Brum were very wasteful In front of goal , created very little

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Neither Dozzell nor Moses were liablities, imo. Amos was very good. But I watched it on QPR+ , which is a bit different from watching it live at the stadium obviously.
              Actually said Dozzell did very little, Odubajo is all over the place, good job Birmingham were so poor, near the end Barbet nearly killed him as again he lost the ball

Comment

I agree with Shania. I watched on telly, and when Moses played on the right he was solid. Dozzell had a good first half but faded in the 2nd. I agree Amos did well and his attempt to put Ball through was first class.

Dunne is great in the air. It will be hard for de Wijs to get his place back.

We rode our luck a bit in the first half and on another night we could have been 2-0 down before we got going after 30 min. Overall the result was well deserved though. Chair could easily have had a hat trick.

A win against Preston and we can be back in play off position.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Actually said Dozzell did very little, Odubajo is all over the place, good job Birmingham were so poor, near the end Barbet nearly killed him as again he lost the ball
                  Moses can at times be a bit of a liability due to him switching off however I thought tonight he did quite well and grew into the game. Still the odd short pass or trying to dribble out and get dispossessed but his pace gets him out of a lot of trouble most times. He made a great tackle first half where Birmingham were in on goal. We definitely need another CM, left back and right back to be right up there challenging.

Chair was brilliant, positive every time he got the ball and you could tell he was in the mood. Willock was quieter out of the two however he was deployed as a left wing back for some of the game and last 20 minutes moved into a more familiar position and showed his quality.

All in all a good night and 3 vital points at this stage.

Comment

I was surprised how far forwards Chair was playing.

Barbet deserves a mention. Locationally, he was all over the place, but his play wasn't (if you see what I mean)

Comment

I watched the entire 90 mins on Sky red button and this was my take:

Both sides quite poor first 20 mins or so, and it had the look of 2 out of form sides going at eachother. It looked like a 0-0 was on the cards. They had first real chance, when Chong should have scored from point blank range, but Seny made a fantastic instinctive save. We had a good shout for a pen shortly after, Odubajo fouled I think it was? Charlie then missed a good chance for us when you would normally expect him to score with a clean shot at goal from inside the 18 yard box. Chair then put us in front and from then until about the last 20 mins it was all Rangers. No disrespect to Amos, but I thought the substitution taking Dozzell off to accommodate him changed our control a bit of the mid field dynamic. Dozzell was outstanding and some of his link up play and first touch passing with Chair and Willock in particular was exquisite. Obviously the second goal, brilliantly taken by Chair killed the game off, but to Blues credit they kept going and put us under a bit of pressure the last 20 mins or so, without really threatening us too much. Again I thought the subs made seemed to affect them better as we were sitting a bit deeper inviting them onto us. However, all in all an excellent 3 points that hopefully puts us back on track, a clean sheet and moves us up the table. Onwards and upwards to hopefully another 3 points at home to Preston on Sat at home. Come on you Rrs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Yep saw that Barbet going spare and push him, Birmingham had a couple of chance didn't cause too many problems though, Chair & Willock Excellent,

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          I watched on sky red button, I agree first half hour was poor, late on in 2nd half we could of got a 3rd but hey ho.
                          Decent placing in table and Preston up next, hopefully another 3 points.
                          Good to win after 3 straight league defeats but to be honest we should or could easily have got at least a point in the 3 defeats, let's hope that was a wobble and nothing more.
                          At times this season we have looked great and then we self destruct, I would be happy just to be in top half of table and always within reach of top 6 and delighted if we made it come may.
                          Yes, Preston is quite a passable team. 1-0 or 2-0 is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokitren View Post

Yes, Preston is quite a passable team. 1-0 or 2-0 is possible.
                            I think Preston present a sterner challenge than Brum. To be serious/genuine contenders for top 6 we need to be winning home games against likes of Brizzle, Brum and PNE so hopefully we'll get on the front foot on Saturday and make it a profitable few days and get a bit of momentum and belief going again.

Comment

Working...
                            X