Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Round of EFL Cup

Will be played Oct 26/27.

Spookily, we are home to Forest on Friday 29th so again we'll have 3 games in 7 days like for this last round. We play away at Peterborough the Saturday before.

I presume this means we'll be nailed on to play in the Cup on the Tuesday.

In fairness to our boys, I think we've handled the scheduling perfectly tonight and Warburton's team selection was spot on. No reason we cant do it again in next round

The question is, who do we want in the next round.

I would personally take one of the big six clubs, we would certainly get a massive allocation of tickets for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I would personally take one of the big six clubs, we would certainly get a massive allocation of tickets for it.
      I suppose there are 3 alternatives.....

1) Draw a "lesser" club that we have more chance of beating and then progressing
      2) A home televised game so we get a TV money windfall
      3) Away to a team with a big stadium and a share of the big gate money

I like the idea of progressing so the lower ranked the opposition is, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I never understand this logic (tho appreciate a lot of fans think this way).

Why not have some confidence that we could really go on a cup run - and to maximise our chances lets hope for the very most #### club left in it.

Comment

Preston at our gaff would do me

Comment

We do better against the big boys. Lesser clubs will turn us over so want the Gunners at our house or theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              We do better against the big boys. Lesser clubs will turn us over so want the Gunners at our house or theirs.
              Arsenal are a lesser club though. None of their players would make our starting XI.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

I never understand this logic (tho appreciate a lot of fans think this way).

Why not have some confidence that we could really go on a cup run - and to maximise our chances lets hope for the very most #### club left in it.
                I have confidence that if we get another decent draw, Warburton will select a strong team again, and who knows we might even make it to the QFs or beyond. Then we come up against the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and with Wembley in sight they will select very strong line-ups. Still, I wouldn't mind a two legged SF and a visit to a Premiership stadium again.

Comment

Would love a trip to Spurs new stadium

Comment

Spurs away. Perfect. Failing that then man City at home.

Comment

Simple answer spurs at there new stadium
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Now that would be thrilling !!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          Me too. It is fairly local and would give me a great reason to go to it. I was going to say that I was thinking this a few days ago when I saw an article that featured their new stadium.

Comment

You can watch the draw on EFL twitter feed (you don't need Twitter app or account, can just watch it in your Internet browser) which is handy if you don't have Sky. I've watched past couple of draws and it works well.
                            Does anyone get cheesed off that they tell you all the team/ball numbers in advance? Preferred the old days when you'd have to guess or work it out or just be surprised.

Comment

H Sunderland

Comment

Working...
                              X