• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey, home to the lowest rankes team.

Comment

Great draw , thank the stars it's at home

Comment

Home tie again, against Sunderland the lowest ranked team still in the competition. Ordinarily you'd fancy our chances, but we know what tends to happen against teams we should beat .

Comment

Really great draw for us,no easy games but it's the draw I would have chosen if offered before hand.

Comment

Hard to know what to think. We have a real opportunity to get to a qf in the cup but would be typical qpr to get turned over by a league 1 side!! Hoping we get another good turnout, they will sell out the away end so it will be a good atmosphere either way. Looking forward to it!!

Comment

We will turn them over this will be a massive game as quarter final place is waiting . Let’s hope we sell out and get the ground rocking

Comment

Just looked at our run of fixtures now with this one squeezed in from 16th to 29th...jeez five games I will be going to in 14 days.
                Going to dent the wallet that fortnight!
                Can understand why many have to pick and choose which games to come to.

Comment

Sunderland are a solid team with a strong defence, but they dont tend to score a lot. If we can get an early goal we should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                    Hard to know what to think. We have a real opportunity to get to a qf in the cup but would be typical qpr to get turned over by a league 1 side!! Hoping we get another good turnout, they will sell out the away end so it will be a good atmosphere either way. Looking forward to it!!
                    Hopefully, having already come through against Leyton Orient and Oxford, the days of being turned over bu lower league sides are behind us (at least for this season) and we will make the QFs.

We need to get a big home crowd in because not only will Sunderland bring in a big following (plenty of Wearsiders living in London - I've worked with at least 6 of them), but they will make a lot of noise.

Comment

Glad its a team with a big following. Love it when our away end is packed out makes for an amazing atmosphere.

We will not be giving them a bye in this round not with Wembley so near. The players will not allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Glad its a team with a big following. Love it when our away end is packed out makes for an amazing atmosphere.

We will not be giving them a bye in this round not with Wembley so near. The players will not allow it.
                        Injuries and suspensions permitted, I will expect another strong line up with perhaps only Johansen and De Wijs rested again. A QF appearance against one of the remaining 'big 6' beckons. It is also possible that it will be selected for live viewing and if at home a big attendance. The money from that is not to be sniffed at given our circumstances and losses through Covid.

Comment

QPR will host Sunderland in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday 26th October 2021.

The match at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium will kick off at 7.45pm.

Comment

Getting ahead of myself big time here but I notice QF is played w/c 20th Dec and semi 1st leg w/c 3rd Jan and 2nd leg w/c 10th Jan...... basically the semis are barely 2 weeks after the quarters.

The league programme seems very light for first two weeks of January though, presumably to make room for the cups.

Beat the Mackems and there's the potential of a right Christmas cracker of a tie played on 22nd December.

Comment

Working...
                            X