Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest sack Chris Houghton

No Surprises there

He’s been a proven championship manager for a number of years now and that should have been a good fit for Forest.He had a large chunk of last season and a whole pre season to get them going and it’s got worse and apparently the football was dire .I don’t know where they go from here , they’re a big club , possibly a foreign manager again.Their player recruitment along with constantly changing managers has done for them.

Comment

boring, negative manager
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Brighton fans were delighted when he left. Boring hoof ball and one man upfront. He's not exactly inspiring to listen to either is he? Thing is he will be back on the managerial merry go round and be back in a job by new year. Its a great industry. Sacked for being crap yet someone else will give you a job and think you are the answer to their prayers!!

Comment

There is something seriously rotten with Forest. Most managers seem to fail. In recent years they have had Martin O’Neill, Mark Warburton, Steve Cotterill and now Chris Houghton among others. Budget have been solid but they have all faIled according the Forest hierarchy that have fired them. They are all very capable managers with success elsewhere but it just does not seem to work at Forest. I believe the problems run mutch deeper than the manager and to keep changing almost every season will probably not change anything. As pointed to above, Houghton is Premier League quality and more than good enough, so rather than rock the boat again they should have shown som patient and given him time. Managerial Stability is a crucial factor in fotball that is often overlooked. It takes more than a season to change things around.

Comment

That reminds me. Ray Hughton is raking up the 86 Wembley debacle again.
            ####

Comment

Proper #### manager.... A poor man's Mourinho

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                This isn't controversial or wokery.
                You're on the wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                  Yeah, 4 full seasons in the Championship (2 promotions, 2 Play offs).
                  Boring would be a more accurate accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    There is something seriously rotten with Forest. Most managers seem to fail. In recent years they have had Martin O’Neill, Mark Warburton, Steve Cotterill and now Chris Houghton among others. Budget have been solid but they have all faIled according the Forest hierarchy that have fired them. They are all very capable managers with success elsewhere but it just does not seem to work at Forest. I believe the problems run mutch deeper than the manager and to keep changing almost every season will probably not change anything. As pointed to above, Houghton is Premier League quality and more than good enough, so rather than rock the boat again they should have shown som patient and given him time. Managerial Stability is a crucial factor in fotball that is often overlooked. It takes more than a season to change things around.
                    Think you need to reconsider your definition of "very capable".... I can't think of any of their sacked managers that subsequently achieved anything. I agree their recruitment of managers is woeful but I can't see that they subsequently regretted getting shot of any of them?

Comment

Abseits, I don’t think you need to go any further than Warburton to find an ex-Forest manager that is very capable. We haven’t won anything under Warburton but the transformation is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X