Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 point deduction for Derby to be agreed

Says sky

Good but should’ve been relegated & Wycombe stayed up, wonder what Gareth is thinking now with that news coming out

Comment

That'll make Wycombe feel so much better

Comment

To be agreed ffs.
        Surely Derby don't have to agree to it and it is down to the authorities to hand the punishment down.
        Starting to hate Derby with a passion.

Comment

Points deduction may only affect you for a year or two. Taking a financial hit like we did, has destroyed us for years. I'm convinced legally we can appeal our punishment now based on the fact other punishments haven't nowhere near matched ours, that's if they even get punished which half the time they don't

Comment

It'll start out at 9 then be reduced to 3 or 4 when Derby inevitably appeal.

Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

I don't see how we can appeal now since we have previously accepted it.
              We were punished under different rules , we can’t appeal and we were guilty , we have tried to question the severity of the punishment and got nowhere.

Comment

It will probably end up 3 , with 6 suspended .brown envelopes

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                  Points deduction may only affect you for a year or two. Taking a financial hit like we did, has destroyed us for years. I'm convinced legally we can appeal our punishment now based on the fact other punishments haven't nowhere near matched ours, that's if they even get punished which half the time they don't
                  Unfortunately the rules were different when we "broke the law", so the football authorities will always claim you cannot compare recent penalties with the one we got. While I would love to see part of our ca £13-15m fine reversed (the net present value of an interest free ten-year-installment-plan fine of £20m, depending on what discount factor you prefer to use) I cannot see it ever happening. Hoos is constantly fighting it, but unfortunately I think his efforts will bring us nothing.

We are now well run, with a business model that suits us very well (buying cheap, develop and sell with a great profit) and I actually think the fine turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it forced us to rethink our business model. I suggest we put the fine behind us and move on.

What destroyed us for years was not the penalty, as this is paid out of the owners own pocket and do not influence the FFP calculations. What hit us was enormous overspending over years that forced us to slash costs over a short period of time to avoid breaching the FFP ceiling of maximum £39m losses over a running three years period. Because of this we had to replace better players with inexperienced or cheap ones. This has absolutely nothing to do with the penalty. We would have to do the same irrespective of whether we received a fine or not, so it is not correct to say the fine has had an impact on the budget available to us and certainly not that "it has destryoed us for years". We have not sold one single player because of the fine and the fine has not prevented us from signing anyone that we were looking at signing.

I think we should count ourselves very lucky we received a fine rather than a point deduction. With a point deduction we never know if we would have hit back like we have, ending up in League 1 with even more dire financial outlook. We could easily have begun a slide like some others, where we could drop out of the league altogether. And it would have absolutely nothing to do with the penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                    It'll start out at 9 then be reduced to 3 or 4 when Derby inevitably appeal.

Joke.
                    Yeah, didnt Wednesday's start off at 12pts and got slashed?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Unfortunately the rules were different when we "broke the law", so the football authorities will always claim you cannot compare recent penalties with the one we got. While I would love to see part of our ca £13-15m fine reversed (the net present value of an interest free ten-year-installment-plan fine of £20m, depending on what discount factor you prefer to use) I cannot see it ever happening. Hoos is constantly fighting it, but unfortunately I think his efforts will bring us nothing.

We are now well run, with a business model that suits us very well (buying cheap, develop and sell with a great profit) and I actually think the fine turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it forced us to rethink our business model. I suggest we put the fine behind us and move on.

What destroyed us for year was not the penalty, as this is paid out of the owners own pocket and do not influence the FFP calculations. What hit us was enormous overspending over years that forced us to slash costs over a short period of time to avoid breaching the FFP ceiling of maximum £39m losses over a running three years period. Because of this we had to replace better players with inexperienced or cheap ones. This has absolutely nothing to do with the penalty. We would have to do the same irrespective of whether we received a fine or not, so it is not correct to say the fine has had an impact on the budget available to us and certainly not that "it has destryoed us for years". We have not sold one single player because of the fine and the fine has not prevented us from signing anyone that we were looking at signing.

I think we should count ourselves very lucky we received a fine rather than a point deduction. With a point deduction we never know if we would have hit back like we have, ending up in League 1 with even more dire financial outlook. We could easily have begun a slide like some others, where we could drop out of the league altogether. And it would have absolutely nothing to do with the penalty.
                      If you think that a point deduction and a transfer embargo is better than the penalty we received - would you like to reverse it this year? Get a 9 point deduction and a tranfer embargo for the next two transfer windows against getting the money we paid back, but without the money available to count against FFP? Technically, this would mean the money would go to the owners (who have paid it in the first place), and not to strengthen the budget or the squad. That is the question we have to ask ourselves. I rather have our penalty than the one Derby will likely now face. I seem to be in minority, but I think we got a just fine that was pretty soft given what will likely hit Derby, Reading and some others. I wouldn't sleep well if I was a Reading fan, having racked up a three years loss of £90m. I think they will be deducted more points than Derby and will be certain for relegation. They will have to offload any players they can get money for next couple of years, and just sign new players on short term contracts, limiting any chances of "buying cheap, selling expensive"

Comment

If i was at Wycombe 'd feel very aggrieved about this, this should've been applied last season ,and they would still be in the Championship

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          If i was at Wycombe 'd feel very aggrieved about this, this should've been applied last season ,and they would still be in the Championship
                          I fully agree. The League has to do something about this. It cannot be random what year/season a point deduction is applied to, as it does not affect just the club that is penalized but all the other clubs involved in a relegation fight (or a play-off fight for that sake).

Comment

The EFL is a shambles and is not fit for purpose. It baffles me why Championship clubs put up with them - All Championship clubs should resign from EFL and set-up their own Not-so-super league under a modern, coherent and credible governance structure. Letting EFL jackasses run things is total madness.

Comment

The f.a are corrupt. Just ask bury fans. The f.a allowed clubs like Bolton and Chesterfield to go to the wall and never stepped in to help. This so called fit and proper persons test to own a club is a also a joke. They turn a blind eye to the foreign "businessmen' and the shady under the table deals that are struck and then take action against legitimate clubs who are trying to do their best within the rules.

Derby and sheff weds should have been automatically relegated last year. Both have stuck 2 fingers up at the rulebook and yet still the f.a bends over backwards pandering to them. Wycombe should have stayed up but they aren't fashionable enough with a big stadium and big support so they never stood a chance.

If there is any justice, those crooks at Derby will be hit with 12 points and end up in league 1 where they should already be. Rant over!!

Comment

Working...
                              X