Austin, Dykes or Gray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin, Dykes or Gray?

If we start with one up front against B'mouth, whom would you start?

I think Austin looks like he is off-form. He didn't get too much service against Reading, but that might also have to do with his movement - not being at the right place at the right time. Gray made an instant impact when he came on, but he obviously had the advantage of playing against tired feet. As others have brought up, Austin seems to be at his best when we play two up front.

To me it is between Dykes and Gray to start, if we go with one striker, and if fit, I would start Dykes and bring Gray on at some time.

However, we are in a luxury situation, having Chair, Willock, Dykes, Austin and Gray to choose from, so it could also be two up front and one of Chair and Willock behind. Chair got a heavy knock on Saturday so if he is not match fit I would have started Willock behind Dykes and Austin. Dykes and Gray have had very little time together so it is probably too early for that combo to start the match.

Imo we look better with two up front Austin on own don’t work

I can see gray playing with Austin and dykes with both rotating to play with gray

Comment

Start gray , Chas looks tired .. bring him or dykes on if we need a goal . If we play 2 then I'd go gray and dykes . Don't know what it is but Charlie not been at the races for a while

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Start gray , Chas looks tired .. bring him or dykes on if we need a goal . If we play 2 then I'd go gray and dykes . Don't know what it is but Charlie not been at the races for a while
        Agree Gray /Dykes to start if it’s 2 up top with Austin as impact sub last 20 if needed.

Comment

Austin looks tired and playing him alone up front is not really ideal. I would rather stat with Gray (if Dykes isn't ready), especially if he adds pace to our breakaway attacks.

Comment

Austin is not tired for Christ sake, just had weeks off & played 60 odd mins, not the player he was but has never been blessed with pace, a goal scorer/poacher in the box, we are not giving him enough crosses to feed on!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
              Austin is not tired for Christ sake, just had weeks off & played 60 odd mins, not the player he was but has never been blessed with pace, a goal scorer/poacher in the box, we are not giving him enough crosses to feed on!
              Agreed.

I think that due to his age and mobility Chaz should be the impact sub now and Dykes should do the initial leg work. Rather than Chaz coming off after 60mins he should be put on for the last 30mins.

Comment

Your answer from our boss.....

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...k-of-game-time

"But sometimes it is about some players almost sacrificing themselves to take the heat out of the game and then the subs come on.

“As a centre-forward Charlie Austin can work (defenders) really hard for an hour without really getting a kick and Andre (Gray) or Lyndon (Dykes) then can come on and have more freedom and space.

“It’s about the squad. you can’t just rely on 11 players, you need your 22.

Comment

I'd go with Dykes personally. Means Chaz is on the bench. But goals wise we are scoring more keeping Willock and Chair in the team. Not sure how we'd line up with Chaz and Dykes up top..

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Your answer from our boss.....

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...k-of-game-time

"But sometimes it is about some players almost sacrificing themselves to take the heat out of the game and then the subs come on.

“As a centre-forward Charlie Austin can work (defenders) really hard for an hour without really getting a kick and Andre (Gray) or Lyndon (Dykes) then can come on and have more freedom and space.

“It’s about the squad. you can’t just rely on 11 players, you need your 22.
                    Glad to see Albert gets a mention. I've said bringing him on adds a dimension and gives defences something to think about. Charlie knows where to position himself to score. Is there any merit in putting the two together later in the game?

Comment

It could be 2 strikers may start if Chair is still feeling the effects of that follow through tackle by the reading defender Yiadom.

I know it’s a team game but im sure that Charlie won’t take too kindly to being an impact sub as displayed at Southampton and WBA.

Comment

Charlie needs the game time to get up to speed. Has done throughout his career. Needs a couple of goals to get him going and then he will be cruising. Give him the respect he deserves

Comment

4-3-3 go for it

Comment

Originally posted by neavohoops View Post
                            Charlie needs the game time to get up to speed. Has done throughout his career. Needs a couple of goals to get him going and then he will be cruising. Give him the respect he deserves
                            Personally I dont think there is more speed in Charlie.

He needs to be on the pitch when their defenders are wary and there are chances as we push in the latter parts of a game.

He can be a very effective striker for us, but I see him moving towards being the third striker and getting more involved in coaching the other attacking players. The spring in his running just isnt there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
                              4-3-3 go for it
                              3-4-3 me thinks ?

Comment

Working...
                              X