Current Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Squad

With many comments recently about our squad being light does Kane and Kelman going out and Grey only coming in make us even lighter or is it a case of him bringing more cover to the front line and we already have cover for the outgoing players

Kelman really needed a loan move for game time, it would of happened earlier probably , but that could only happen after we got Gray so we can have 3 strikers in the squad.

it was clear Kane was not going to be warbs first choice wingback, and I think he probably has a bit of a strained relationship in the dressing room after publicly slagging off his rival for the position. So I understand him leaving. Wether he will be first choice at cov is another question.

I still think we are a little thin and hopefully we won't be too unlucky with injuries. But I think most championship clubs are in a similar boat. No many have quality through their entire squads. And I think we are in a better position than some.

Comment

Goalkeepers - Well covered ! as we seemed to have collected way more than we need. Surprised that Walsh was not sent out on loan.

RWB - 0ne light - Moses and Osman - need another right sided defender as we saw vs Barnsley

LWB - Covered - Wallace , McCallum and Barbet

CB - Covered - regular 3 plus Dunne, Kakay, Ball and Masterson

Centre Mid - Fine - Amos returning will help

Attacking mid - Fine

Attack - Fine now but not sure how you play all 3 - who will all be considered first choice! i would have kept Bonne and sent Kelman on loan.

Comment

We have four keepers, eight defenders, nine midfielders and four attackers. That seems fine to me. If you take two keepers thats a squad of 23 players. The days of having a 30 man first team squad have gone.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          Goalkeepers - Well covered ! as we seemed to have collected way more than we need. Surprised that Walsh was not sent out on loan.

RWB - 0ne light - Moses and Osman - need another right sided defender as we saw vs Barnsley

LWB - Covered - Wallace , McCallum and Barbet

CB - Covered - regular 3 plus Dunne, Kakay, Ball and Masterson

Centre Mid - Fine - Amos returning will help

Attacking mid - Fine

Attack - Fine now but not sure how you play all 3 - who will all be considered first choice! i would have kept Bonne and sent Kelman on loan.
          Masterson is out on loan

Comment

If our first team with everyone being fit is something like the below then some rated players are not even getting on the sub bench:

Deng

Odubaju - Dickie - Jordi - Yohan - Wallace

Field - Johansen

Willock - Chair

Dykes (though take your pick of three strikers tbh)

Subs:

Archer

Kakay - Dunne

Amos - Uncle

Austin - Gray

That leaves the likes of Dozzell, Thomas and the young Norwich loanee not even on the bench.

Obviously you can argue the toss about my selection and am sure it will be rotated a lot depending on whether we are playing a team who pushes up etc and players rested with the hectic schedule but however you dice it - either moving some of those I have as subs into the first team, or some of those not in the match day squad onto sub bench, that will still mean decent players not getting on the coach on a Saturday. Rough for them perhaps but it will hopefully create considerable competition for places which we haven't had in a while.

Big caveat being injuries could obvs scupper this rosy picture entirely.

Comment

Working...
            X