Shattered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered!

I notice the EFL Cup 3rd round takes place the week we have a Friday night visit to WBA.

We are at home to Bristol City Saturday
    EFL Cup Tue/Wed
    Away WBA Friday

Knowing our luck we'll be away to Sunderland in Cup.

Don't matter, we'll take em all

Comment

Hopefully we can get one decent pay day out of this crappy tournament and we can focus on the league. I dont want a run on the FA Cup either. These competitions would be great if we were a mid table team, but our aspirations are higher this season. We need to go for the big prize not this BS.

Comment

Would rather a cup final than promotion personally , ok I know the PL brings great riches but it also brings the badge Kissing mercanaries

Comment

For me it’s also about the extra revenue a cup run will provide particularly if we manage to get a televised game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
            For me it’s also about the extra revenue a cup run will provide particularly if we manage to get a televised game.
            true, as we have next to zero chance of making it past the QFs unless we avoid all the top sides with big squads i.e Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

true, as we have next to zero chance of making it past the QFs unless we avoid all the top sides with big squads i.e Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool.
              We beat Man U 4-2

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

You say that but its luck of draw. The 2008 FA Cup Final was unbelievable.....Portstsmouth and Cardiff played ONE top flight team each en route to final.

Cardiff's route:

Chasetown - lowest ranked team ever in 3rd round
                Hereford - League 2
                Wolves - Championship
                Boro - Prem
                Barnsley - Championship

Even with our rubbish record in cups since 1985 I'd back us to win that lot.

Comment

Working...
                X