No announcement yet.

Charlie Austin headbutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just to the right of where we were in the stand, I immediately thought he was going off as looked like straight red, havnt seen it again though but in real time it looked like a red to me, hopefully I'm wrong though.

Comment

It was a half hearted butt , but enough to send him off . Let the team and us fans down last nite

Comment

A brush with the little finger nail is enough to send footballers down these days.
        There lot wouldn't have lived with the treatment Stan Bowles received, or Ron Harris doled out

Comment

So am i right in thinking that the referee saw the incident and thought it was just an innocent clash of heads ..... if so they cannot level any further punishment - right ??

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
            So am i right in thinking that the referee saw the incident and thought it was just an innocent clash of heads ..... if so they cannot level any further punishment - right ??
            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
              When the ref submits his match report he can refer to the incident and ask for it to be reviewed if he feels he hasn't got it right, despite him seeing it during play. I'm a bit fuzzy about when they write/submit their report but presume its the following day for a midweek game.

Now I presume Warnock spent ages mouthing off about the incident afterwards so its conceivable ref will bung it in his report?

The main thing to keep in mind is its not necessarily all over just cos ref says he saw the clash on the night.

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  Yes it is
                  In normal circumstances you are correct...but we are QPR and we are not held in the highest esteem by the footballing powers ,so there will no doubt be some hidden rule they can roll out against us.

Comment

Surely any retrospective action would have been announced by now? Hopefully we've got away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Surely any retrospective action would have been announced by now? Hopefully we've got away with it.
                      Well he stamped on that Forest player on 5th April and got his 3-match ban on 9th April. I dunno if there was any back-and-forth between club and EFl back then but if 4 days is their typical time frame we may yet hear something.

I can't see how they could do anything in terms of Barnsley game tomorrow now though, there must be some sort of protocol allowing notice of a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Well he stamped on that Forest player on 5th April and got his 3-match ban on 9th April. I dunno if there was any back-and-forth between club and EFl back then but if 4 days is their typical time frame we may yet hear something.

I can't see how they could do anything in terms of Barnsley game tomorrow now though, there must be some sort of protocol allowing notice of a suspension.
                        Good research.

Lets work on the basis its my close Monday then. Hopefully he'll bang a few in tomorrow by way of an apology for his actions.

Comment

Working...
                        X