6 past our old keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 past our old keepers

Last two games 3 scored in each past 2 former QPR keepers - now doesn't that feel good ,,,,,,

Six goals in two away matches is fantastic but I take little pleasure from it being against Ingram and Lumley. I wish all ex-QPR players all the best and I would rather see it was two other keepers.

Comment

I have nothing personal against them either .... but football is football and i will take those 6 goals regardless...

Comment

I wish them both the best but it might go little way to show we've made the right decisions in the past.

Comment

Justifying both decisions.

Comment

Incidentally, Warnock said pre match something like "QPR didn't want to lose Joe but I kept ringing him and telling him he won't be first choice there." Isn't that tapping up? If we did give them permission to speak to Lumley, why didn't we demand a fee? Sorry v small detail on a brilliant night but was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Incidentally, Warnock said pre match something like "QPR didn't want to lose Joe but I kept ringing him and telling him he won't be first choice there." Isn't that tapping up? If we did give them permission to speak to Lumley, why didn't we demand a fee? Sorry v small detail on a brilliant night but was just curious.
              Players are allowed to sign pre-contract forms with ew clubs in the last six months of their existing deals. Well, I'm sure that's how it used to be. So there was no tapping up.

Comment

could have been 7 if Lums hand was a bit lower from a Willock strike

Comment

Poor ol Lums getting stick from a few smoggies fans already.
                  I actually went on their board just after he signed and they were jubilant nicking our gk.
                  Joe is a keeper who has blips of form.
                  He'll have a great game and all we be forgotten until the next blip

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Players are allowed to sign pre-contract forms with ew clubs in the last six months of their existing deals. Well, I'm sure that's how it used to be. So there was no tapping up.
                    They are allowed to sign these pre contracts with clubs from outside of the country they are playing in. However, I guess once the season is over and their contract is ending in less than 2 months, there is no reason why they should not be able to speak to other clubs to get an idea of where their next move will be.

Comment

Just seen Dykes' goal again and surely that shouldn't be going in? I think Lummers should have been better there???

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Just seen Dykes' goal again and surely that shouldn't be going in? I think Lummers should have been better there???
                        Are we bothered!

He’s never going to be a decent keeper the value of Dieng shows how poor luma and Kelly were

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          You cannot demand a fee when someone leaves after their contract has ended, as with Lumley. There is an exception though. If a player is under a certain age (I think it is 23) the club is entitled to a compensation if the player signs for a new club, provided the former has offered the player a new contract. I think that was the case with Jimmy Dunne. We had to pay a nominal fee, as Burnley had offered Dunne a new one year contract, probably with lousy salary. That meant Burley secured a fee once he signed for us. But for over-23s, there is no such fees.

Comment

You get both extremes with Lumley.
                            Gordon Banks to Gordon the Gopher quite possibly in one game sadly for him.
                            Decent lad though and I find it a shame

Comment

I'd have paid for Lumley's cab fair to Boro, he cost us a lot of points. He was prone to a ricket on a very regular basis, the club would never be able to move forward with him as our No.1.

Comment

Working...
                              X