Dykes. Our Scottish international.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    You wouldn't add Dozzel to that list stain?
    No mate , I don’t think he will start , my 3 in midfield would be Ball , johansen, Chair with Willock off Austin.

Comment

To put more perspective on it , look how we performed against Man Utd and Leicester when they put out weakened sides and we went strong , same happened to us last night .

Comment

I thought that was a very ineffective performance for 90 mins. I have no idea why anyone thought the first 30 mins were good given we didn't cause their keeper any problems from open play? Football is about creating chances and taking g some of them, the team created nothing at all so I can't see how Dykes can be singled out for criticism. If I could be bothered to mark the players out of 10 there'd be at least five I'd score well below Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I thought that was a very ineffective performance for 90 mins. I have no idea why anyone thought the first 30 mins were good given we didn't cause their keeper any problems from open play? Football is about creating chances and taking g some of them, the team created nothing at all so I can't see how Dykes can be singled out for criticism. If I could be bothered to mark the players out of 10 there'd be at least five I'd score well below Dykes.

Agree , as I said in the other thread , it felt like we were passing for the sake of it at times but that was probably down to the number of changes that messed up the teams flow.

Comment

Personally think Kakay is a weak link. Cant really defend and when in good positions with the ball doesn't do much with it. Think Dykes needs someone up there with him, hence why he does well when Austin is up there with him. Battache i thought did well and looked composed but i do think a loan move would do him well as i cant see him getting in front of Johansen, Ball, Dozzell, Amos & Fields.

Do think we are a striker and a winger away still if we wanna push for play offs - hope i'm wrong!

Comment

Thought most other than Dickie very poor and even his passing wasn't great in the 2nd half, what worries me is that if this is all we got other than the 1st eleven we're in deep kack with a few injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No mate , I don’t think he will start , my 3 in midfield would be Ball , johansen, Chair with Willock off Austin.
                That looks good, some steel, creativity and a goalscorer

Comment

I don’t share the same thoughts on Ball.He’s ok to bring on late in the game but not a starter for me.

Last season Ball got very little game time probably due to the form of Field but even he didn’t start too many games in the last 12 games or so.

IIRC MW generally played SJ and played an extra attacking player in either Dykes or Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                    I don’t share the same thoughts on Ball.He’s ok to bring on late in the game but not a starter for me.

Last season Ball got very little game time probably due to the form of Field but even he didn’t start too many games in the last 12 games or so.

IIRC MW generally played SJ and played an extra attacking player in either Dykes or Thomas.
                    I’d have Field in front of Ball every day but that’s not an option right now , we need a grafter in there to break up play and pick up the scraps , that’s not Dozzell or Bettache right now .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’d have Field in front of Ball every day but that’s not an option right now , we need a grafter in there to break up play and pick up the scraps , that’s not Dozzell or Bettache right now .
                      I too would prefer a player to graft in M/F alongside Stef but Dom Ball doesn’t win enough tackles to earn a place for me.Most of his challenges are fouls or he’s beaten for pace.

An obvious upgrade on last season would be to better the goals against column so whilst Field is out a better option is a more offensive player IMO.

Comment

We are only two games into the season. Need to let the team get into its rhythm and then review. We have had some changes, as have other teams. Sometimes takes time to settle.

Problem is we can't play Man Utd every week.

Comment

Working...
                        X