No announcement yet.

We Need 2 Strikers Before The Window Closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not get this 'sent' Kelman on loan. When we signed him, he was playing regularly in Div 2 and scoring goals. So, he has already proved himself at that level. I think it will be wiser if we start giving him 15 minutes or so to get used to the Championship tempo. Of course, it will take time. He is not the finished article.

Comment

Previously Warburton said we might strengthen IF we sell someone. In his recent comments about the need for reinforcements the reference to player sale was absent.

I am 100% sure we will sign a third striker, most likely on loan. It is blatantly clear we cannot face the season with only two proper senior strikers.

The need to balance the books is vital. We managed to offload Hamalainen to LA Galaxy the other day, albeit only for half a season. I think we get more in loan fee than the modest salary we pay him, so hopefully a tiny profit from that deal. The key thing is getting Kane off the books. He costs us in the neighborhood of £10k a week, and if we can recoup half of that through a transfer or loan it goes some way together with the Hamalainen fee to fund a striker. If we get rid of Kane+Hamalainen it might free up to £7-8-9k per week, which might be halfway to fund a striker loan from PL. Loan fees for Barnes, Masterson, Bettache, Kelman etc might also help a bit.

When Amos, Field and even Owens are back to full fitness Thomas will be surplus to requirements, unless we fave a lot of new injuries. Right now he might be needed, even though I also struggle to see what he offers. I agree that Adomah and Bettache would be more inspiring substitutions yesterday.

Comment

Working...
      X