We Need 2 Strikers Before The Window Closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need 2 Strikers Before The Window Closes

At least we did not lose today. I have posted on this subject recently. We must have at least 4 good strikers to choose from this season.

Every other area of the squad had good cover.
    We are too light up front, and it must be addressed asap.

Austin, Dykes and a young Kelman is nowhere near enough imho. I hear
    ​​​​​

We lose Austin through injury we are screwed.
    I hear we are looking at Andre Gray from Watford.
    I would bring him in if we can. I would also bring in another young forward from the Premiership.

We must do this before the window closes.
    If not it will be costly for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
      We lose Austin through injury we are screwed.
      I hear we are looking at Andre Gray from Watford.
      I would bring him in if we can. I would also bring in another young forward from the Premiership.

We must do this before the window closes.
      If not it will be costly for us.
      We need to balance the books , we can’t just bring players in without selling to balance the books . I think most agree we need 1 more striker to add to what we have .Most games we will probably only play 1 striker anyway to accommodate Chair and Willock .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

We need to balance the books , we can’t just bring players in without selling to balance the books . I think most agree we need 1 more striker to add to what we have .Most games we will probably only play 1 striker anyway to accommodate Chair and Willock .
        Uh oh, Les is lining us up for Chair's departure boys!

Comment

TBH the first problem today looked like the midfield. Yes both strikers were virtually non-existent but they got zero service. We thought we had a great midfield but with Chair out (along with Field and Amos) we look light, and from when Stef went off we just fell apart.

On a side note, I don't like slagging players off but I just don't see what Thomas does/ brings? I wd much prefer to have seen Adomah and/ or Betache today as I think they have the potential to change games. Thomas just sort of runs about looking busy.

Comment

I agree with the OP, we definitely need a striker and preferably 2 and this can't be at the expense of selling Chair who's creativity was sorely missed today!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

So there are two options for bringing in strikers 1) somebody who is willing to pick up a wage being third choice (not my type, sorry), or 2) a prem starlet who’s on the cusp and needs game time before being unleashed on the prem. this doesn’t work either, cos we’re looking for them to warm the bench and get about as much game time as kelman gets. Rangers wouldn’t be an attractive option if I were in their boots. We had a decent third choice, but he opted to go and play football, and fair play to him for that. They see something in kelman because he has bi passed the 23’s completely. Probably the only young player to do so in the last 3-4 years. We love our coaches, so need to trust them. I think if Bonne had stayed they might have put him out on loan til Xmas for said game time. Will also be interesting to see how Armstrong progresses in the B team, as he’s off to a strong start and would add something completely different at some point. Our best formation is clearly 1 upfront, so we need to find way of filling willock and chairs boots (from within the squad), rather than a striker.

Comment

If we did bring in a young Prem striker he may not be 3rd choice ? Charlie is always likely to be subbed 15 or so mins after half time.

I think it would be fair to say a striker loan from any of our London neighbours would be likely to be of a high standard and provide an alternative to just relying on Dykes full stop.

Dont know if McCalumn was injured but didn’t make the bench yesterday,I don’t think it’s a given that loaned players are guaranteed game time from higher leagues.

Look at Bonne on the bench yesterday for Ipswich.

Comment

Andre Gray would be great signing.

Charlie doesn't seem to be able to play longer than 70 mins and Dykes doesn't have consistency in his game. If either get injured we're in trouble.

Not impressed one bit when Kelman has played, miles off the required standard and a loan is needed for him to go and play every week and score goals.

There must have been some plan when we let Bonne leave, so bringing one in to replace him is vital.

Regarding George Thomas, absolutely terrible player. Absolutely amazed he's anywhere near the squad. Bettache looks lively when he's played and offers so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    Andre Gray would be great signing.

Charlie doesn't seem to be able to play longer than 70 mins and Dykes doesn't have consistency in his game. If either get injured we're in trouble.

Not impressed one bit when Kelman has played, miles off the required standard and a loan is needed for him to go and play every week and score goals.

There must have been some plan when we let Bonne leave, so bringing one in to replace him is vital.

Regarding George Thomas, absolutely terrible player. Absolutely amazed he's anywhere near the squad. Bettache looks lively when he's played and offers so much more.
                    The club have already exceeded expectations by bringing in all 4 of last seasons loans on permanent deals as well as signing Dozzell , we need to realise it’s not a bottomless pit and books need to be balanced as much as fans don’t want to hear it , that’s the reality . I do agree however that we must have a plan in place to replace Bonne and I’m pretty sure that will happen . Let’s also remember we haven’t had to sell any of our assets yet either , so in my opinion the club is doing all it can to have a go this season.

Comment

I firmly believe Warburton wants to bring in a striker on loan,and he made the point yesterday by not even including Kelman on the bench ,so no striker on our bench.
                      I believe he will look to loan out Kelman to a league 1 club but it may end up being a league 2 club.
                      the obvious hurdle Rangers face is trying to persuade a premier league club to loan us a player who will probably be starting on the bench for most games.

Comment

I think we need another striker but not at the expense of selling Chair. I thought letting Bonne go out to Ipswich that someone else would come in but perhaps
                        Armstrong or Ardakwa might be that 3rd striker.

as for Thomas, I thought exactly the same as soon as he was about to replace Johansen.
                        he is a league 1 player at best. Leicester took him from Coventry but clearly didn’t rate him and released him. When he signed for us it came across as signing a Premiership quality player. Bettache from the bench is a far better option for future games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          I firmly believe Warburton wants to bring in a striker on loan,and he made the point yesterday by not even including Kelman on the bench ,so no striker on our bench.
                          I believe he will look to loan out Kelman to a league 1 club but it may end up being a league 2 club.
                          the obvious hurdle Rangers face is trying to persuade a premier league club to loan us a player who will probably be starting on the bench for most games.
                          It may be that he will start out that way, but if he went on to score regularly, as Abraham did in his loans, there is little doubt that he would soon be starting games.

Comment

Just not sure the club can afford anyone , just have to make do with what we have or sell one of our assets ie Seny , chair or Dickie , have to give Kelman a chance first .

Comment

Not sure the club would want to sell one of our main assets given what they have achieved this Summer. It really does look as though they want to have a crack at bettering last years league position.

Yet it might be a different matter if an offer they can't refuse suddenly pops up.

Comment

Working...
                              X