On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Here we go again, was great to be back, expectations sky high at kick off, come 5pm I’ve come back to earth a bit.
    First game of the season is notoriously hard to call, neither team wants to lose and both happy in the end with a point.

A few positives today and a few negatives, positives were Dickie who was simply superb, back 3 settled down after a nervy start and looked fine, fullbacks blew hot and cold and midfield looked out of sorts, still not sure why Ball tries to break a players leg early doors,he draws refs attention to him, and as he is quite a basic player has to tread carefully.

What worries me more is upfront, Austin can only do 60 odd minutes and today Dykes was hopeless,we had nothing on the bench to help.

Good crowd and decent atmosphere, don’t think the new ticketing system went well, as hundreds still coming in 20 minutes after kick off.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 07-08-2021, 06:19 PM.

It's great to see an On My Way Home thread again, agree with your report, we are in real need of another striker, I thought Ball did pretty well overall but yes he can be reckless in his enthusiasm!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Spot on Romford. We need a good option to replace austin while dykes is a workhorse who gives us a 90 minute player but not a real goal threat. A good premiership loan would give us a big help. Kelman isn't an option at present for me.

Comment

Unfortunately dykes wasn't was but unfortunately he is hopeless. Awful allot of pressure for Austin to score the goals and I just hope he can stay fit. It's probably a good thing that it's highlighted a striker is a must. Ball is pretty basic, I do think we lack a powerful leader in that central midfield role
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Playing a very long ball physical side we were under the cosh a lot of the time they didn’t really let us play our usual pass and move football, both teams were settling for the draw and the last 20 mins was a bit of a borefest to be honest

Comment

Good report and I thought Dozzel was improvement to the midfield

Comment

Rumour on the way out of the ground was potential swap involving Andre Gray and Chair..!
              I agree we looked toothless up front today but we also looked pretty clueless without Chairs vision..

Comment

Hopefully Dozzel work out well because he seems a bit of an athlete with a bit of quality. Ball too basic at this level for me

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
                  Rumour on the way out of the ground was potential swap involving Andre Gray and Chair..!
                  I agree we looked toothless up front today but we also looked pretty clueless without Chairs vision..
                  How much cash with gray coming our way mate?

Comment

Gray value must be around 6m….Chair surely double that…?

Comment

Interesting point about the 3 CBs taking a while to settle. I thought the same in the friendly games too.... its a small thing but it needs to be ironed out - they have to be at it from the whistle, not after 5/10 mins getting their bearings. It puts a spring in the step of opposition and puts us on the backfoot a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
                        Really? Hope not!

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Hope that rumour is bull.
                          Yeah I think we need another striker, but we need chair more.
                          He has stepped in to eze's role, who do we have after Chair?

Comment

Pretty good summary , dickie and Jordy both played well as did willock in patches . Thought in the first half they were the better team . They were first to the ball and closed us down .we settled and came into but lacked any finesse or cutting edge .Chas looked creamed and dykes looks lost at this level

Comment

The absence of Chair was painfully apparent today. No guile in midfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X