Niko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko

Niko Hamalainen has joined Los Angeles Galaxy from QPR on a five-month loan deal.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...s-la-loan-move

Good luck Niko.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/socce...iko-hamalainen

Comment

A bit disappointed he wasnt sold, but a good move to gain experience. But I'm not convinced the standard is high enough to take him to the next level. Hopefully he'll go well there and we get a fee for him in the Jan window.

Comment

Makes you wonder what the club saw in him to give him a 4 year contract, maybe they thought he was improving and it was low risk , seems like we are now stuck with a player that has no future here .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Makes you wonder what the club saw in him to give him a 4 year contract, maybe they thought he was improving and it was low risk , seems like we are now stuck with a player that has no future here .
          He's on peanuts all things considering. I think a mixture of the fans losing their marbles last season with him not starting, not rating Wallace meant he stayed and got a big deal. That said, I dont think they was sure on how good he was.

We have the answer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Someone needs a kick up the backside! What on earth were we doing giving him a 4-yr deal barely 10 months ago. He ain't a kid, he's 24 and frankly he has never looked anything near being a Championship standard player.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Someone needs a kick up the backside! What on earth were we doing giving him a 4-yr deal barely 10 months ago. He ain't a kid, he's 24 and frankly he has never looked anything near being a Championship standard player.
              It’s a strange one , I was ok with it at the time as I assumed the club saw his long term future here even though he had a lot to improve on . To make him available 10 months later does seem a bit unprofessional.

Comment

I have never rated him and only saw glimpses of any decent play from him.

Why they gave him a 4 year deal baffled me, as a 2 year with an option would have been more than sufficient to assess his Championship ability.

On the plus side he is on such a low wage that almost any club can afford him should they want to sign him up.
                He can probably play in the MLS, the A-League or Finland maybe.

Comment

If he does okay surely Galaxy would take him on for $350k (£250k) which would at least cover his 2020/21 wages at £4,900 a week. From what I've read MLS teams are only allowed eight international players, so with Nico having a US passport it does mean he has some value as a pro player who has international caps on his CV.

Comment

I sincerely doubt Niko earns £4900 a week. It is more in the region £2000-2500.

We gambled on three players last summer when the owners were super tight because of the uncertainty with covid and whether there would even be fotball the coming season. In this climate the club signed two players that had hardly kicked a ball for us but had experience from two successful loan spelles - Hamalainen doing well in the Scottish Premier League and Dieng doing well in League One. Both were signed on long cheap contracts. We also signed Kakay that had done well in the Scottish Championship and in a few matches at end of the 2019/20 season.

All these signings were very low risk. If they forced their way into the team - very well. If not we would probably recoup the the salary through loans or manage to offload them without having to pay them off.

Two out of three have worked which for such cheap players is very well done. I think we won’t lose on Hamalainen so I cannot see what the fuss is about.

Comment

Not good enough for championship league 1 at best

never should of got a 4 year deal regardless of wages probably only mistake we’ve made recently are nico and Todd Kane

Comment

Maybe at the time he was the best we had.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          I sincerely doubt Niko earns £4900 a week. It is more in the region £2000-2500.

We gambled on three players last summer when the owners were super tight because of the uncertainty with covid and whether there would even be fotball the coming season. In this climate the club signed two players that had hardly kicked a ball for us but had experience from two successful loan spelles - Hamalainen doing well in the Scottish Premier League and Dieng doing well in League One. Both were signed on long cheap contracts. We also signed Kakay that had done well in the Scottish Championship and in a few matches at end of the 2019/20 season.

All these signings were very low risk. If they forced their way into the team - very well. If not we would probably recoup the the salary through loans or manage to offload them without having to pay them off.

Two out of three have worked which for such cheap players is very well done. I think we won’t lose on Hamalainen so I cannot see what the fuss is about.

Not sure how accurate this data is but this is where I got that figure from.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky...-park-rangers/

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Not sure how accurate this data is but this is where I got that figure from.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky...-park-rangers/
                            According this one Hamalainen earns £2500 per week:

Queens Park Rangers 2020-21 Player Wages - Football League FC

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

He's on peanuts all things considering. I think a mixture of the fans losing their marbles last season with him not starting, not rating Wallace meant he stayed and got a big deal. That said, I dont think they was sure on how good he was.

We have the answer now.
                              Yep, I never understood the clamour on here last season, from people demanding.to know why he wasn't playing. I said at the time he wasn't the solution, and so it transpired. Not the players fault but it's still puzzling why he was offered a 4 year deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X