Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie

Seems our Chaz has upset the twitterati Man Utd fans.
    He was on talksport breakfast this morning and when asked gave his opinion on Arron Wan Bissaka.
    Charlie suggested that Utd may want to get a better right back who can defend better.
    This has produced a torrent of " you're disrespectful, what do you know you only play for QPR"
    You get the picture.
    Well this is a professional footballer who goes on the radio because he gives opinions.
    These people, butchers, bakers, candle stick makers, and the bone idle can criticise football and footballers but a man in the game can't?
    It's quite funny actually reading their ridiculous drivel, without them realising they are doing exactly the same.

Charlie knew what the reaction to saying that would be.

Comment

Charlie is a proper lad! He was making a very fair and valid point. He was trying to show Ray dull as dishwater parlour how to have an opinion
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ha Ha love it

Comment

We all have opinions why shouldn't chas

Comment

I don't think Charlie should be expressing such opinions about fellow professionals as a pundit whilst he's still playing - it's disrespectful. To be honest, I don't like him being a pundit whilst still playing. I'd be surprised if EFL or PFA or Warburton didn't have a quiet word.

He's got plenty of time to be a shoot-from-the-lip pundit when he hangs up his boots, for now just play football.

Comment

I also think his comments were disrespectful. He claimes Wan-Bissaka cannot defend. Of course he can defend. He has practised defending for 15 years and is a better defender than 99.99% of other fotballers. He has played 100+ Premier League matches as a defender and been part of a team that finished 2nd in the Premier League. To claim that he cannot defend is plain stupid.

Man U might find a better right back out there, like Trippier, but the way Austin describes Wan-Bissaka is no better than the way Todd Kane describes Kakay. Austin would command more respect as a commentator if he shows more respect to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I don't think Charlie should be expressing such opinions about fellow professionals as a pundit whilst he's still playing - it's disrespectful. To be honest, I don't like him being a pundit whilst still playing. I'd be surprised if EFL or PFA or Warburton didn't have a quiet word.

He's got plenty of time to be a shoot-from-the-lip pundit when he hangs up his boots, for now just play football.
                Excatly this! It an disrespectful act in my opinion also.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

He didn't say AWB can't defend he said Man Utd need a better defender, if they are to win something, I presume.
                  I do think it's strange that all of us on here can gob off about footballers yet a pro can't.
                  But I do see the erm problem with Charlie doing these types of things.
                  If it were say an opponent in the next few weeks that could cause anything to happen, and add extra needle to the game

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    He didn't say AWB can't defend he said Man Utd need a better defender, if they are to win something, I presume.
                    I do think it's strange that all of us on here can gob off about footballers yet a pro can't.
                    But I do see the erm problem with Charlie doing these types of things.
                    If it were say an opponent in the next few weeks that could cause anything to happen, and add extra needle to the game
                    Todd Kane wasnt allowed.

Comment

According Daily Star Charlie said «he can’t defend».

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        I also think his comments were disrespectful. He claimes Wan-Bissaka cannot defend. Of course he can defend. He has practised defending for 15 years and is a better defender than 99.99% of other fotballers. He has played 100+ Premier League matches as a defender and been part of a team that finished 2nd in the Premier League. To claim that he cannot defend is plain stupid.

Man U might find a better right back out there, like Trippier, but the way Austin describes Wan-Bissaka is no better than the way Todd Kane describes Kakay. Austin would command more respect as a commentator if he shows more respect to others.
                        Agree. I like Austin, but really dislike him giving this kind of opinion whilst still playing.

Please think carefully before making comments on other players.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Todd Kane wasnt allowed.
                          Team mate init.
                          That was Warbs decision didn't help team cohesion.
                          I do wonder as well if the club had decided already that Kane had to go because of the brentfart furore

Comment

His best mate is trippier so always going to back him to go Utd

Comment

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...r-cha-20210729

The clips have been shared by a QPR fan account in response to United fans who were outraged by what Austin had to say this week.

Wan-Bissaka has demonstrated his qualities in 1v1 situations against some of the best wingers in the world, but it's the attacking element of his game that many have questioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X