Time for Battache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Battache?

Have liked this player from the beginning. Now showing signs of real maturation, pace and skill. See him as the best substitute for our field general, Johansen, whenever tired or hurt. Thoughts?

I really like him too but we have a max of one, poss two, central midfield positions and he is behind Johansen, Field (when fit), Amos (ditto), Ball and prob Dozzell given by our standards we apparently paid a fair bit for Dozzell (tho for me Betache would start ahead of Thomas). Chair went out on loan for a season as a fringe player for us and came back a first team regular - I think this is his season to play 30/40 games for a good footballing side in League One and come back a first teamer. He could have a big future but needs to play.

Comment

Completely agree, too many players in front of Bettache at QPR. Has to go out on loan.

Comment

If I was a League One manager I would be desperate to sign Bettache on loan. He is quality. He could probably get into some Championship teams already - it is simply so many good central midfielders at QPR that he cannot expect to get more than substitute appearances I am afraid. A loan makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          If I was a League One manager I would be desperate to sign Bettache on loan. He is quality. He could probably get into some Championship teams already - it is simply so many good central midfielders at QPR that he cannot expect to get more than substitute appearances I am afraid. A loan makes a lot of sense.
          i think a season at Lincoln under Appleton who like the ball on the deck in league 1 would do him good

same for Kelman sadly from what I’ve seen of him he’s a lot to do for championship quality

Comment

From what I've seen he's better than Field, Ball & Amos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              From what I've seen he's better than Field, Ball & Amos.
              He’s different to those to be fair. He plays on the front foot whilst they are more defensive. Quite liked what I saw for his 15 mins last week. Made some positive runs, demanding the ball etc. We know he has it, but too often last season was like a rabbit in the headlights. The occasion seemed to get the better of him. On Saturday something was different about his approach, which was good to see

Comment

He has only appeared 9 times for us and 4 times for Billericay. Not fair on him to chuck him straight into the first team without getting a few games under his belt elsewhere.

Comment

He definitely would benefit from a loan move,but i would keep him until january at least and then loan him out for rest of the season, if he struggling to get playing time. We lost Field until november, Amos not fully fit yet and it will take time to him be match fit, so i think there are possibility that Bettache could be a useful player for us.

Comment

Working...
                  X