No announcement yet.

Optimism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like if there’s anytime to be optimistic about a QPR team, nows the time. Business has been conducted early, we’ve got the signings the club (and the fans) have wanted, before the first game of the season which makes a real change. The signings we have made have been excellent the back half of last season, so why not be a little bit excited about the season ahead. Hell, as R’s fans all we do is live off hope, so myself I’m bang up for this season, any team in front of us we can beat, with the team we have 3 points is something that’s achievable, and believe me I wouldn’t of said that in past years. Let’s enjoy this squad of players, and the manager, and come May next year see where we are, OB.

Comment

I feel weird being optimistic, but maybe i get use to it

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        I feel the same and have a few quid on us to make the top 6 at 3.5/1
        Who is that with Sheep please?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Who is that with Sheep please?
          Bet365

Comment

Tar Sheep

Comment

I feel very optimistic, but I hope the club have planned for not being promoted this season as well. Like every other club in this division, we got to have our house in order economically..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2561478]
                Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agree , I don’t see us holding onto the likes of Dickie, Chair , Dieng , Willock etc. beyond next season but that’s fine as long as the likes of Dozell , Bettache etc. Can step into their place .
                Who are you??
                Softening us up for player sales

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                  I feel weird being optimistic, but maybe i get use to it
                  I've always been pessimistic about being optimistic!

Comment

[QUOTE=QPRDave;n2561562]
                    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Who are you??
                    Softening us up for player sales
                    It’s the model , buy cheap , sell high , it has to happen to keep progressing, we’ve only really managed to do it with Eze so far regarding getting a good fee . The contract lengths of our players now should command better fees in future.We seem to have put plans in place already with the likes of Dunne , Bettache , Dozell etc. ready to step in .Enjoy these players while you can .

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2561565]
                      Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

It’s the model , buy cheap , sell high , it has to happen to keep progressing, we’ve only really managed to do it with Eze so far regarding getting a good fee . The contract lengths of our players now should command better fees in future.We seem to have put plans in place already with the likes of Dunne , Bettache , Dozell etc. ready to step in .Enjoy these players while you can .
                      Cheers Les !
                      or Eus!
                      Or Rambo!

Comment

[QUOTE=QPRDave;n2561569]
                        Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Cheers Les !
                        or Eus!
                        Or Rambo!
                        It’s Stains to you .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
                            I feel like if there’s anytime to be optimistic about a QPR team, nows the time. Business has been conducted early, we’ve got the signings the club (and the fans) have wanted, before the first game of the season which makes a real change. The signings we have made have been excellent the back half of last season, so why not be a little bit excited about the season ahead. Hell, as R’s fans all we do is live off hope, so myself I’m bang up for this season, any team in front of us we can beat, with the team we have 3 points is something that’s achievable, and believe me I wouldn’t of said that in past years. Let’s enjoy this squad of players, and the manager, and come May next year see where we are, OB.
                            Well done to all for getting the players signed before the Pre season games have all been played. Now thee is no excuse to say they need to gel (4 of them were on loan 2md half of last season). The others are mostly back up.

I am optimistic that we can go on to have a top 6 season from start to finish with this squad and manager/coach team.

We will have some off days and January could cause a few goalkeeping issues when Dieng goes to play in the African Cup of Nations, but we should have a lot more good days than bad.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Well done to all for getting the players signed before the Pre season games have all been played. Now thee is no excuse to say they need to gel (4 of them were on loan 2md half of last season). The others are mostly back up.

I am optimistic that we can go on to have a top 6 season from start to finish with this squad and manager/coach team.

We will have some off days and January could cause a few goalkeeping issues when Dieng goes to play in the African Cup of Nations, but we should have a lot more good days than bad.
                              Never understand why most clubs do their business in last week of the window and especially on the last day or at the very last minute possible. Seems mad way of doing business and we done almost everything very early and before our preseason also which clearly in a normal world of operating makes total sense ie bed in the new players with their new team mates.

Or do Sky give all clubs a backhander to do most their business on this mythical "TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY" and seen as the main man on that day was Mr RedKrapp then the possibilities of a bung - clearly that assumption is preposterous in the extreme !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Had a fiver each way on us to win the league at 25 to 1 Saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X