Optimism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimism?

Haven’t been on here for a long time , sort of fell out of love with football altogether, but I’m feeling really optimistic about this season, don’t know if it’s because of the euros or just the way we finished last season , does anybody else share my opinion, or am I being over confident ? Feel like our squad is the strongest for a while just need another option up front and if eustace goes a good replacement?

I feel the same and have a few quid on us to make the top 6 at 3.5/1

Comment

We have brought in some very good players.
      If we keep all our original players, we will without doubt have the best team/squad since we were relegated from the prem last time.
      I think Mark Warburton should be put on a very good contract, with a huge compensation clause.
      We are playing some beautiful football not seen for decades here LR.
      We have to be optimistic.
      Remember all those seasons of just avoiding going down was a success?
      ​​​​​​I feel we have finally turned the corner, I remember Les telling us we had some hard years ahead?
      It feels like we have come through thanks to Warbs, Eustace and the management team.
      I'm not getting carried away this division is ####### but my god it's exciting and unlike the the one above we all have a chance.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

The cream would be that that 3rd striker. Then the squad is complete.

Comment

It’s funny how quick things change , it wasn’t to long ago the manager was useless , the board were a joke and Les was evil . This is what happens when you show a bit patience . Even before the loan players arrived in January we were playing ok and had an identity but we just lacked a bit of experience and know how ,hopefully if we hit a rough patch in future we as fans can stick with it and see the bigger picture.

Comment

Chris Ramsey is the gentleman I think deserves a shout out too, fantastic job that fella has done.
            We don't deserve though if I'm honest, treated terribly by us the support

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              It’s funny how quick things change , it wasn’t to long ago the manager was useless , the board were a joke and Les was evil . This is what happens when you show a bit patience . Even before the loan players arrived in January we were playing ok and had an identity but we just lacked a bit of experience and know how ,hopefully if we hit a rough patch in future we as fans can stick with it and see the bigger picture.
              Spot on, as one of the guilty

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Chris Ramsey is the gentleman I think deserves a shout out too, fantastic job that fella has done.
                Agree on Ramsey we are lucky to have him .

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  The cream would be that that 3rd striker. Then the squad is complete.
                  Who will be happy to sit on the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Who will be happy to sit on the bench?
                    Charlie after 60mins of most games he plays in. That seemed to be the norm last season to manage his fitness and old injuries. Dykes will need a rest too, might have the odd suspension and international games to manage. I think a third striker will be more than a bench warmer.

Comment

Haven't seen our mate Mr Doom, poster Qpr, for a while!! He used to give us pelters when we defended Warbs, shifting old players, the longer term strategy!!

I genuinely think Warbs has got everything he needs now and has to deliver a top 6 minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        What has he done to be fair? I understand he has a job and is a very good coach but how has he done a fantastic job? Not being funny by the way. If anyone has done a fantastic job, I'd say it's the board who have signed all the players we wanted after last season.

Comment

[QUOTE=SheepRanger;n2561470]

Haven't seen our mate Mr Doom, poster Qpr, for a while!! He used to give us pelters when we defended Warbs, shifting old players, the longer term strategy!!

I genuinely think Warbs has got everything he needs now and has to deliver a top 6 minimum.[/QUOTEyes sheep haven’t heard from that poster for a while , agree about warbs though , it’s great getting these plaudits but expectations are higher than ever so that’s a pressure he has to deal with now , the board have done their bit .

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2561474]
                            Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I genuinely think Warbs has got everything he needs now and has to deliver a top 6 minimum.[/QUOTEyes sheep haven’t heard from that poster for a while , agree about warbs though , it’s great getting these plaudits but expectations are higher than ever so that’s a pressure he has to deal with now , the board have done their bit .
                            It's been great to see the squad develop every window and players learning from mistakes. But we would say that because we work for the club right!!! Lol.

I think this is a one season assault for promotion. That third striker will arrive but if it doesnt come off I can see a few stars being sold next summer to balance the books a bit. if it's going to happen, it will need to be this coming season IMO.

Comment

[QUOTE=SheepRanger;n2561476]

It's been great to see the squad develop every window and players learning from mistakes. But we would say that because we work for the club right!!! Lol.

I think this is a one season assault for promotion. That third striker will arrive but if it doesnt come off I can see a few stars being sold next summer to balance the books a bit. if it's going to happen, it will need to be this coming season IMO.
                              Agree , I don’t see us holding onto the likes of Dickie, Chair , Dieng , Willock etc. beyond next season but that’s fine as long as the likes of Dozell , Bettache etc. Can step into their place .

Comment

Working...
                              X