The missing piece...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The missing piece...

Kudos to MW, Les and Lee for the personnel we've brought in during the summer, and re-signed from the last campaign. As I see it, assuming we get another striker on loan (and perhaps RB to back up Kakay), the missing piece is a field general in the middle of the pitch. Johansen is the perfect candidate but likely to stay with Fulham because he offers them the same. Chair and Willock play more as extra attackers, and neither Thomas or Ball fit that role. Curious to see Carroll -- who has a bit of that kind of potential -- throw us overboard to go "on trial" with another club. Think we can still push for the playoffs without this piece, but with it we could become formidable. Thoughts?

Field is capable of pushing on this year as is Amos.

Comment

Kakay is our back up RB. We need a main RB. I think Ball or Dickie are capable of being a midfield general. I see RB position as crucial to sort out ASAP..... then I think we wll have a decent squad and its then more about Warburton sorting out our formation, shape, balance and tactics.
      Obviously, additional quality players would be nice but you have to accept we have a budget and also accept there’s maybe nobody available right now who fits our requirements. There's no point just buying any old right back - we have to be patient.

Comment

Why would you want the best centre half in our club playing out of position as a midfield general? We definitely need a box to box midfielder who is dynamic and athletic. Ball is not that man.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

One midfielder I have always thought stood out in the Championship and is available is Barry Bannan. If Johansen is not done soon maybe we should consider him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            One midfielder I have always thought stood out in the Championship and is available is Barry Bannan. If Johansen is not done soon maybe we should consider him.
            Agree - amazed lots of clubs aren't in for him (unless I've just missed it)

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Why would you want the best centre half in our club playing out of position as a midfield general? We definitely need a box to box midfielder who is dynamic and athletic. Ball is not that man.
              Best player at the club I think you mean. It saves going out and spending £100 million on a tart like Pogba if we shunt Big Rob 25 yds upfield. Reasonable CBs are 10-a-penny, midfield generals who can run the game and play as hunter/destroyers are harder to find but I'm convinced we have one under our noses being played out of position. Of course he performs well at CB but that's not a valid reason to not utilise him in what I believe would be his most potent and effective position.

Modern football formation are baffling and fluid. Maybe he can ostensibly line-up as a holding midfielder screening the CB pair but have the licence to burst forward when appropriate. I think he's good enough to boss our entire midfield so somehow getting more out of him further up the field hugely appeals to me.

Who know, might see Warburton experimenting in upcoming friendlies and it's shown to be a disastrous suggestion on my part?

Comment

"Who know, might see Warburton experimenting in upcoming friendlies and it's shown to be a disastrous suggestion on my part?"

To my mind that is what friendlies are for to explore options

Comment

I agree jumpers for goalposts friendlies are for trying things out but I don't see us messing about with our backline. All about partnerships in that position so I'd be very surprised
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                  X