New Season and Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season and Covid

I'm feeling miserable and pessimistic. Think new season will become a disjointed disrupted mess.

Last night a Lloyd-Webber production got cancelled due to ONE member of cast getting covid so ALL cast have to now isolate despite all testing negative.

To me, its absolutely nailed on and inevitable that footballers are gonna get covid and footballers are gonna get pinged by track and trace. Its all a bit murky if footballers are subject to special exemptions though. Even if they are, I think there would be agitation around "one rule for them...." kind of thing.

Then crowds. What's happening there? If/when it becomes obvious crowds are "super spreading" events the shutters will swiftly come down.

I'm feeling that Freedom Day is a hoax. Yeah, get out and about with NO restrictions BUT get covid or go near covid and you're confined to barracks for 10 days.

I suppose the only thing to do is take it one game at a time but keep in mind it can blow up literally at any moment.

Ban players having the app ??

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Ban players having the app ??
      The app is a red herring, particularly when one tests positive. For plebs and civilians we have to provide our details to get test results from the proper tests (not those rubbish instant tests) and you're then legally obliged to answer their questions about where you've been and who you've met.
      Beyond that, if any footballer(s) were found to be out and about without the app I suspect it would go very badly for the whole football family. And quite right too - I like my football but any idea it's "special" and is allowed to operate outside restrictions applicable to everyone else isnt on. I'm quite looking forward to European Football getting disrupted to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The app is a red herring, particularly when one tests positive. For plebs and civilians we have to provide our details to get test results from the proper tests (not those rubbish instant tests) and you're then legally obliged to answer their questions about where you've been and who you've met.
        Beyond that, if any footballer(s) were found to be out and about without the app I suspect it would go very badly for the whole football family. And quite right too - I like my football but any idea it's "special" and is allowed to operate outside restrictions applicable to everyone else isnt on. I'm quite looking forward to European Football getting disrupted to be honest.
        I didn't know the App was Law, of all the things I could get nicked for being out without an app, now that is funny.
        so much fuss over the ####ing Flu, makes you think dont it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

These restrictions are an absolute nonsense.
          I warned of vaccine passports 18 months ago,saying that this was one of the measures they wanted to implement despite the government on record 11 times categorically denying it was so.
          As of September according to a government e-mail i received this morning ,games with attendances of over 16000 you will need a vaccine passport to attend.
          So our club potentially could fall in to this category some weeks and other weeks not ...how do they manage that?
          I have looked into the vaccine and I have reached an informed decision that the vaccine is not for me, does that mean I can never go to QPR again despite the chances of me catching the virus or passing it on is identical to someone who is vaccinated?
          This is about so much more than the virus.

On Monday 19 July, MPs questioned Nadhim Zahawi, the Minister for Covid Vaccine Deployment, on the Government's response to Covid-19, including plans to make full vaccination a condition of entry to venues where large crowds gather, following a ministerial statement.
          In his statement, the Minister said that the Government were "supporting the safe reopening of large, crowded settings such as nightclubs […] and music venues through the use of the NHS covid pass as a condition of entry to reduce the risks of transmission", and said that he "encourage[d] businesses to draw on this support and to use the NHS covid pass in the weeks ahead."
          The Minister went on to say: "By the end of September, everyone aged 18 and over will have had the chance to receive full vaccination and the additional two weeks for that protection to take hold. At that point, we plan to make full vaccination a condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather."

Comment

If 140,000 were allowed into Silverstone last weekend and none of them had to provide proof of being fully vaccinated then I think having 15,000 at Loftus Road should be fine aswell. What difference will a vaccine passport make? It's just another rule that this government make up as the days pass by. Next week it will be something else. If they try to enforce that rule then lots of clubs will make a loss rather than a profit on matchday with half empty grounds.

Comment

They're saying crowds of over 20,000 are affected. Well loftus road is the perfect size of stadium to avoid covid scrutiny
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                If 140,000 were allowed into Silverstone last weekend and none of them had to provide proof of being fully vaccinated .
                T
                I know they had to provide proof of double jab or negative PCR to gain entry to the camp grounds.
                I can only surmise that you needed the same for a day ticket.
                Some excrercie to organise all those people.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  They're saying crowds of over 20,000 are affected. Well loftus road is the perfect size of stadium to avoid covid scrutiny
                  If that's true it makes no sense. Surely 20,000 In a 20,000 capacity stadium is much greater risk of transmission than 30,000 In a 60,000? But then again if you think of the mass of contradictory and nonsense rules and advice we have got for the last year and a half I have zero faith anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post

If that's true it makes no sense. Surely 20,000 In a 20,000 capacity stadium is much greater risk of transmission than 30,000 In a 60,000? But then again if you think of the mass of contradictory and nonsense rules and advice we have got for the last year and a half I have zero faith anymore.
                    Couldn't agree with you more. Boris is a complete lunatic and the inconsistency is frightening
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I wouldn’t let Bo-jo run me a bath at present

Comment

From mid August (I think its the 16th) no one will need to isolate if they are identified as a close contact, including those who are pinged. You will just need to do those quick tests daily for 10 days.

I'm hopeful the football season wont face huge disruption. As the number of people vaccinated grows, population immunity increases and the R number gradually drops. Plus, those vaccinated are less likely to pass covid on.

Comment

Working...
                        X