Finishing Position 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Position 21/22

I'm very optimistic for this season, but always have been. I predicted a comfortable mid table finish in the premiership with Barton, SWP etc....!

I think we have to assume the top three spots should go to the relegated sides. But from the remaining teams from last season and those promoted I dont think we have too much to fear. Yes, we need Stefan and perhaps a third striker to complete the squad. I dont see much more in any of the other 20 teams.

I'll go with a 5th place finish. But things all need to go well for that and think Bournemouth will finish above us. Hopefully we dont get ongoing COVID infections in the squad.

Higher then 9th would be an improvement but having said that missing out on a playoff place by 1 point is gonna hurt.

Comment

For me a lot depends on whether we get Johansen and that 3rd striker, but otherwise i agree. We have a good enough squad to be competing for a top 6 place. However, we need to hit the ground running and some luck with avoiding injuries.

Comment

No Idea.
        The 3 sides that have come down will or least should be top 6.
        Bournemouth should be up there, Warnock's teams always in with a shout.
        Forest will be good under Hughton, Cardiff, Blackburn and Birmingham will be better imo.
        Just don't know, Hull might come up and surprise, and yes QPR had a superb end to last season, and we have on paper imo signed some really good players.
        I just hope and pray we could win promotion again only this time be sensible with money.

Comment

It's impossible to say with several weeks of transfer window to go and another window in January. Let's face it, we were heading for the basement in December - it was the January window that got us up the table.

One thing we have been very consistent at over past few seasons is getting a nosebleed anytime we string a few wins together and get up the table. If we get to a point where a win puts us 6th we duly lose 3 on the spin... so any talk of top 6 is unrealistic I feel, we don't have the intestinal fortitude.

As it stands today, I'd expect to finish about 14th.

Comment

Between 1&24 but hopefully either first or 2nd

Comment

My guess:
              With Stefan: Clearly a play off contender.
              Without Stefan: Outside the top six. 8th to 10th position ...
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Stefen was always our no 1 target,he makes things happen.that said,even with the present squad I'd be optimistic of a comfortable midtable position.no mini leagues this season for a change .if we sign Stefen and a good striker (to compete with the 2 good ones we have) maybe a play off challenge is possible . With QPR it is very difficult to predict as I'm sure most know already .

Comment

I am always optimistic and I predict a top six finish - I agree with Sheep and go for 5th after the three relegated PL clubs and Bournemouth.

What pussles me is that while 80% of QPR fans and lots of journalists think we are in for a good season, all 30 or so betting companies on Oddschecker have us down for a mid table finish - from 10th to 14th. Without exception they think we will do worse than last season. We talk about 30+ experts that more often than not tend to get it right. It might be that all of them screw up this year, but it is a reminder that we should keep our feet firmly on the ground and not take an improvement over 2020/2021 for granted.

Comment

Working...
                  X