No announcement yet.

Which ex-QPR players now regret moving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ex-QPR players now regret moving?

Was reading another thread and it got me thinking.

Which ex-players got their move and then regretted it?

Go back as long as you wish.

Josh bowler

Comment

Alex Smithies - not a single premiership appearance following his move to Cardiff. Better money though I suspect.

Comment

I think I read Stan always regretted leaving,
        recently Bos not worked out for him by the look of it.

ive never been bothered by those that think grass is always greener, you wanna go you go

Comment

Given that our levels of attainment and achievement have been somewhat mediocre for 30ish years (or is that 130 years?) it's hard to believe that anyone who left us to move on during that period subsequently feeling regret or beating themselves up isn't it? When I say "move on" I mean leave for better wages.... I'm not thinking about say, a Josh Scowan type situation where we just let them go.

Comment

I’d suppose you’d have to say the likes of Dean parrett and Josh Bowler have regrets about leaving us early as their careers never panned out as they expected but it’s hard to blame them for moving to Spurs and Everton .Richard Langley leaving us to join Cardiff didn’t go well for him and he soon returned. I doubt Raheem Sterling is having to many regrets right now.

Comment

Freeman !

Comment

Todd Kane!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Given that our levels of attainment and achievement have been somewhat mediocre for 30ish years (or is that 130 years?) it's hard to believe that anyone who left us to move on during that period subsequently feeling regret or beating themselves up isn't it? When I say "move on" I mean leave for better wages.... I'm not thinking about say, a Josh Scowan type situation where we just let them go.
                  Better basic but if you are sitting on a bench then you are not getting various bonuses.

Comment

Quite a few i'd imagine...

BOS is having an awful time, lost momentum now!
                    Manning has barely played, and i'll say it again, it worked for him at Rangers and I am not sure it'll be the same unless the Swans give him a run of games. (Bidwell their No1 LB)
                    Freeman I guess, but to be fair, at his age, it was a great chance. Feel for him, didnt get a chance at Sheff United. (But not Prem class)
                    Smithies the same as Freeman tbh
                    Bowler.... say no more, and his tweet was hilarious, it didnt work!

Comment

I reckon Charlie if you really got into it. Had he stayed instead of going Southampton he would've continued to rise on a personal level, even if the club were in the championship. He never really got back to that form with subsequent clubs. Sure he would've made more money, the club had to sell him etc tec, and this all all in hindsight but he may have become a better player if he'd stayed.

Comment

Who was that lad that left us for Liverpool and then went onto Leicester and then disappeared completely? He thought he was quite the player.

Also the Welsh lad who we got from Arsenal who ended up with drug problems and went non-league playing for pub sides?

Comment

Remy won a title with Chelsea but rarely played before going out on loan to Palace where he flopped.

Manning rarely played for Swansea last season and maybe regrets leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            Who was that lad that left us for Liverpool and then went onto Leicester and then disappeared completely? He thought he was quite the player.

Also the Welsh lad who we got from Arsenal who ended up with drug problems and went non-league playing for pub sides?
                            The top one is Ricky Sappleton - went on trial at Liverpool but signed for Leicester. Supposed to be a great prospect

The Welsh lad was Leon Jeanne - waste of space

Terrell Forbes was going great guns with us until the sex party and he bombed down the leagues.

Comment

Raheem Sterling

Comment

Working...
                              X