Debt to Shares Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt to Shares Swap

Before the last accounts for season 19/20 were reported it was announced on the 1st Apr that a Loan Conversion had occurred with 1.7bln new shares being created, instead of paying back the loans.

The documents and full share list has now been notified to Companies House. The share in circulation have indeed increased in 1.7bln and the value of all shares in circulation has increased by £17.1m.

The owners of these loans therefore seem to have written off another £17.1m they put into the club to keep us afloat.

From the shares in circulation and the original noted value for each share, the club has a valuation of £110m. I cant see anyone paying that to buy us, so it's fair to say this is not an investment for the owners, but they keep pumping the money in.

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Before the last accounts for season 19/20 were reported it was announced on the 1st Apr that a Loan Conversion had occurred with 1.7bln new shares being created, instead of paying back the loans.

The documents and full share list has now been notified to Companies House. The share in circulation have indeed increased in 1.7bln and the value of all shares in circulation has increased by £17.1m.

The owners of these loans therefore seem to have written off another £17.1m they put into the club to keep us afloat.

From the shares in circulation and the original noted value for each share, the club has a valuation of £110m. I cant see anyone paying that to buy us, so it's fair to say this is not an investment for the owners, but they keep pumping the money in.
    Thanks for this.

I think it originally started out as an investment project , i.e. a newly promoted club to the Premiership with an idea to build a new stadium in the OOC redevelopment. This could have led to a successful club if done properly. Obviously appointing a non football man to be Chief Executive was a hugely flawed idea and the club and plan went downhill rapidly. The rest is history.

Now it seems, and in time I may be proved wrong, that these are honorable people and wish to stick around and try and rectify their error (so far they look to be going in the right direction).

Comment

Can't see how any fan can still bear a grudge for the spending spree, when these guys have done all the paying back and not just dumped us.
      Credit where credit is due

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Can't see how any fan can still bear a grudge for the spending spree, when these guys have done all the paying back and not just dumped us.
        I agree Dave.

I'm always worried by the debt and trying to manage within our budget. We're doing our best to run a tight ship these days, but every time the debts get too big they write then off. They made the mistakes and they've paid up every time and minimised the debt against the club

We are very lucky to have these guys in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Agree Dave.
          we are lucky to have them sticking by us and continuing to pay off the club's debts when many others would have called time and put us in administration. We could easily have ended up like Bolton and Wigan.

Comment

Exactly Stan

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agree Dave.
              we are lucky to have them sticking by us and continuing to pay off the club's debts when many others would have called time and put us in administration. We could easily have ended up like Bolton and Wigan.
              Yeah, its really good that the owners are still putting their money into the club to keep us at a decent level, and through good management, giving us a shout of promotion.

As to the future, if we ever found ourselves with premiership sky money again they may still want to run a very tight ship. That may give 'the club' an option to conduct a share buy back and cancellation from the profits. That way the shareholders get some of their money back, but as long as there enough cash to keep us competitive in the championship, with a chance of promotion, I really couldn't care less.

Comment

Working...
              X