Tony Fernandes & Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes & Co

I think we should be counting ourselves very lucky with our ownership and management.
    Sheff Wed now facing players handing in their notice as they have gone unpaid.
    Not sure for how long, but obviously too long in their eyes.
    Fans blame Chansiri their owner.
    Really not sure why wages haven't been payed, but our people have always tried to look after the club and keep it going.
    And now we are as close to being the QPR of old as we ever have been.

Fair play to our owners as they have stuck by us to clear up the mess they made and pay the bills.

Comment

Surely there's only so much money they can put in, so if we do go up soon, I'm sure we follow the Norwich model and bank most of the money. I would be happy to see the existing players played with money going into the training ground and stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Surely there's only so much money they can put in, so if we do go up soon, I'm sure we follow the Norwich model and bank most of the money. I would be happy to see the existing players played with money going into the training ground and stadium.
        I would be happy enough with something like that. They could spend a small amount in improving the squad i.e. £10-20m , but as had been proved before, spending big and overhauling the promotion winning team often leads to instant relegation.

They could spend the money on the training ground and banking the rest for future seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I would be happy enough with something like that. They could spend a small amount in improving the squad i.e. £10-20m , but as had been proved before, spending big and overhauling the promotion winning team often leads to instant relegation.

They could spend the money on the training ground and banking the rest for future seasons.
          I would be happy to spend money on the best young championship or L1 players but not risky overseas imports. All players would need to have relegation clauses in their contracts and minimum transfer fee values. We cant be saddled with any prem wages in the championship if we went down. If players don't agree to that they can join another club. We are such a small club that relegation is more likely than staying up, so we should build the best championship squad we can, hope to stay up, but have the best chance to win another promotion if we go down.

Comment

I would be happy to spend money on the best young championship or L1 players but not risky overseas imports. All players would need to have relegation clauses in their contracts and minimum transfer fee values. We cant be saddled with any prem wages in the championship if we went down. If players don't agree to that they can join another club. We are such a small club that relegation is more likely than staying up, so we should build the best championship squad we can, hope to stay up, but have the best chance to win another promotion if we go down.
            Absolutely spot on.

Comment

totally agree with that and the club should have done that in 2014 with the likes of Caulker, Fer and Mutch. At least the foreign imports they signed Vargas and Isla were only on loan (that would work for me too next time we go up).

Comment

Several years have passed already since that clown took a well-deserved back seat, yet some people on here are still keen to lick his fat useless behind. You might as well thank a bull in a china shop for crapping all over it after smashing the place, because his faeces can be used to glue back together some of the broken items.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Several years have passed already since that clown took a well-deserved back seat, yet some people on here are still keen to lick his fat useless behind. You might as well thank a bull in a china shop for crapping all over it after smashing the place, because his faeces can be used to glue back together some of the broken items.
                  Some of us are pleased that he and his co owners didn't put us in administration and walk away, but instead stayed on to try and clean up the mess, whilst others wish that they would just clear off.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Some of us are pleased that he and his co owners didn't put us in administration and walk away, but instead stayed on to try and clean up the mess, whilst others wish that they would just clear off.
                    And they have cleared the mess because even even though they've spent £300m on us the last accounts show a £50m debt on the club. There was also a recent debt to shares conversion which suggests the debt is lower than that now.

It's fair to say we probably have a manageable debt and every time it gets too big the individual who issued the loans converts to shares instead of asking for the money back.

They messed up and have paid for it out of their own pockets.

Comment

It is absurd to praise what the current leadership are doing, while actually starting your panegyric with the name of TF.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

https://www.givemesport.com/1694042-...013-relegation

Comment

Most of them were misfits at QPR and some just a complete waste of money.

Comment

Fookin ell that is a depressing list of ladies front bottoms.
                            Look at the wages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Fookin ell that is a depressing list of ladies front bottoms.
                              Look at the wages!!!!
                              Shocking init

Comment

Working...
                              X