No announcement yet.

Austin - Signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news, very much looking forward to the news season.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

This is such a positive, on so many levels.
      Really good business, and nice and early.
      Bring on next season, when we pass the Bus Stop lot on their way down.
      F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Only just found out!!!!
        I think Chaz should now be serenaded with the magic hat.
        It's a great chant that needs to be dusted off and re-releasedand he deserves it

Comment

Very good news, will hopefully help keep us clear of the bottom three.

Comment

Btw this is like a double signing.
            His presence will be good for Dykes too

Comment

Comment

CHARLIE Austin has returned to QPR, agreeing a two-year deal.

“I am really pleased to get it done and to be able to continue my journey here,” he said.

“With the way we finished the season – and how I feel about the club hasn’t changed – I wanted to be part of it and as soon as the opportunity was available I wanted to get this done as soon as possible.”

Despite having other options, Austin was quick to agree terms with QPR, explaining: “I know this is the right move for me and the right move for my family.

“Where am I happiest? I was going through a period where I wasn’t enjoying my football – I came here and enjoyed it straight away.

“I love everything that the club stands for. It’s a family club and one that I’m suited to.”

Austin is now eyeing up the 2021/22 campaign with a fresh vigour to build further on the incredible reputation he has forged in W12.

“There is an exciting future ahead,” he said.

“What can we achieve next season? We want to take what we did for the second half of last season and look to replicate that for the whole of the coming season.

“I can’t wait to be back on the pitch in front of the fans with a QPR strip on.”

Comment

Comment

Congratulations to Charlie and the club.

Welcome home!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Btw this is like a double signing.
                      His presence will be good for Dykes too
                      Good point, but it sounds like Dykes has not been the only player benefitting form Charlies presence.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        He looks as happy as all of us are!

Comment

I'm flabbergasted! I honestly thought he just wouldn't be able to ignore or turn down more lucrative offers from elsewhere. So, huge credit to the club and Charlie for getting this swiftly sorted. Having Charlie on board feels like having +10pts on the board already before a ball has been kicked and is hugely encouraging for next season.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              I'm flabbergasted! I honestly thought he just wouldn't be able to ignore or turn down more lucrative offers from elsewhere. So, huge credit to the club and Charlie for getting this swiftly sorted. Having Charlie on board feels like having +10pts on the board already before a ball has been kicked and is hugely encouraging for next season.
                              Great news.

I think he has proved that he is more interested in playing regularly for a club that wants him, and where he feels at home , rather than how much he can earn elsewhere. Good on him.

He lifted the mood of the fans and the players from the moment he signed the loan deal after the FA Cup loss to Fulham. The encouragement he gave to the players and in particular to Dykes after he finally scored again, was a big reason for the upturn in results. He along with Johansen, transformed a relegation battle side to one that looked capable of reaching the play offs.

Let's hope we can now get Johansen, along with a new keeper, RWB, and LWB, and givea really strong promotion chasing campaign in the 21/22 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X