Loans to Permanent Realistically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loans to Permanent Realistically

Lots of talk about signing the loans on a permanent deal, interested if we really think we can get
    Austin
    Johanson
    Field
    Other

with Them excited for next season, without i see another year of struggle

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
    Lots of talk about signing the loans on a permanent deal, interested if we really think we can get
    Austin
    Johanson
    Field
    Other

with Them excited for next season, without i see another year of struggle
    Stefan is key for me, I'd go all out for him...

Chaz is a luxury, but not sure if we'll get him or not.

De Wijs would also be a great deal to get over the line, likely.

Comment

With income being slashed from no fans I’d like to think all players would be realistic that wages will be different

Austin I get the feeling would be happy on Jess wages and wants to be part of a promotion chasing side. I’d say with Stefan and Austin we’d be close

jordy bit frustrating with his injury issues he’s what we need a nastiness to him and proper defender but if he’s only fit 15-20 games is it worth it

field he’s probably going to stop he complements Stefan well but I think warbs plays Thomas to see if he can cut it

I think the one we won’t get will be Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
        With income being slashed from no fans I’d like to think all players would be realistic that wages will be different

Austin I get the feeling would be happy on Jess wages and wants to be part of a promotion chasing side. I’d say with Stefan and Austin we’d be close

jordy bit frustrating with his injury issues he’s what we need a nastiness to him and proper defender but if he’s only fit 15-20 games is it worth it

field he’s probably going to stop he complements Stefan well but I think warbs plays Thomas to see if he can cut it

I think the one we won’t get will be Stefan
        I think he is the most vital of all 4 now that Dykes seems to have found his feet and belief at this level. With Covid restrictions I think the FL's financial rules will also be relaxed a bit, thereby allowing some extra spend and imo is a risk worth taking. Obviously I am not suggesting a reckless spending spree, but 1 or 2 'luxury' players like Johansen and Austin could be just the players that make us a realistic play offs/promotion candidate other than a mid table/lower half side.

Comment

Let’s not forget Fulham and WBA hold all the cards here . Johansen still has a year left on his contract so Fulham would want a fee and Johansen is not going to take a pay cut to play for us either . WBA could well take up the option of keeping Austin and that deal would be dead in the water .I personally don’t think they will , which would make him a free agent and a deal with us more likely.

Comment

Nobody knows really and not just with us. No fans for a year when so many clubs run at a loss anyway.

I would absolutely love all three plus Jordy. I struggle to see that is realistic though. I know some players will leave and free up some wages but Jordy aside they will all likely have sizeable wage demands by Championship standards. Covid may lower wage expectations a bit but enough for us to able to afford all four?

Comment

The owners must do their best to negotiate with all 4 loanees and their agents. Hopefully, we can come to a deal with all 4. I think we will get Jordy and Field. Hopefully, get the other 2 also.

The owners will be looking at the cash flow and I can understand that. If they are prepared to stretch it a little to bring in Johansen and Austin great. If not thank them for their good work and move on.

No room for sentiment. This is a business.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think he is the most vital of all 4 now that Dykes seems to have found his feet and belief at this level. With Covid restrictions I think the FL's financial rules will also be relaxed a bit, thereby allowing some extra spend and imo is a risk worth taking. Obviously I am not suggesting a reckless spending spree, but 1 or 2 'luxury' players like Johansen and Austin could be just the players that make us a realistic play offs/promotion candidate other than a mid table/lower half side.
                I agree Stan I just think with fools looking like dropping he’s got what’s needed in this league. For me he’s possibly the best cm we’ve had since Faurlin just ticks everything over given The choice of him or Austin I’d take Stefan greed wants both!

Comment

I think Austin will stay, the signs are that he wants to stay with us and push for top 6 next season. I think he is willing to take a big pay cut to do that.

For Field, I think its likely he stays, very low risk signing imo.

For Johansen, I doubt he will stay imo, Fulham are pretty much coming back down again so sadly I dont see that happening.

De Wijs im a bit unsure about, he is very injury prone and its a tad risky, I would sign him still though, but maybe have a backup option on loan to fill in for him if needed.

Overall, it is possible to keep 3, but I doubt we will keep all four unless we sell one or two, so maybe getting rid of Dom Ball might allow us to raise the funds needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                    I think Austin will stay, the signs are that he wants to stay with us and push for top 6 next season. I think he is willing to take a big pay cut to do that.

For Field, I think its likely he stays, very low risk signing imo.

For Johansen, I doubt he will stay imo, Fulham are pretty much coming back down again so sadly I dont see that happening.

De Wijs im a bit unsure about, he is very injury prone and its a tad risky, I would sign him still though, but maybe have a backup option on loan to fill in for him if needed.

Overall, it is possible to keep 3, but I doubt we will keep all four unless we sell one or two, so maybe getting rid of Dom Ball might allow us to raise the funds needed.
                    I’d personally rather we make room in the squad by selling or releasing the following :Kelly, Lumley (after his recent spat with Warbs), Kane, Cameron, Carroll, Thomas and Bonne. Hopefully this would make room / free up wages for the 4 x loans and add a couple of additions at RWB and another forward option.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

I’d personally rather we make room in the squad by selling or releasing the following :Kelly, Lumley (after his recent spat with Warbs), Kane, Cameron, Carroll, Thomas and Bonne. Hopefully this would make room / free up wages for the 4 x loans and add a couple of additions at RWB and another forward option.
                      All those salaries combined wouldn't come close to either Austin or Stefan's wages I would have thought

Comment

wages could be a big stumbling block especially for Austin& Johansen on prem wages

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

All those salaries combined wouldn't come close to either Austin or Stefan's wages I would have thought
                          According to the link below getting the following players off the books would release £49,000, but obviously some of them would need replacing too which would eat up some of the savings.

Kelly - 4,000
                          Lumley - 6,000
                          Kane - 9,000
                          Cameron - 12,500
                          Carroll - 9,000
                          Thomas, 4,000
                          Bonne - 4,500 (although I would keep him)

Also getting these two off the books
                          Smyth - 5,000
                          Barnes - 3,000
                          Oteh - 1,750
                          Owens - 1,750

This would release another £11,500
                          Overall I think QPR could probably free up around £25,000 from the above players to offer towards the wages of Johansen & Austin to make them QPR's top earners, but would they (or their agents) accept a weekly salary of around £22,500?

https://footballleaguefc.com/queens-...-player-wages/

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            wages could be a big stumbling block especially for Austin& Johansen on prem wages
                            Austin more likely imo to take a wage cut that Johansen, which I think he will.

Recon Club could settle around £18k p/w for austin.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

According to the link below getting the following players off the books would release £49,000, but obviously some of them would need replacing too which would eat up some of the savings.

Kelly - 4,000
                              Lumley - 6,000
                              Kane - 9,000
                              Cameron - 12,500
                              Carroll - 9,000
                              Thomas, 4,000
                              Bonne - 4,500 (although I would keep him)

Also getting these two off the books
                              Smyth - 5,000
                              Barnes - 3,000
                              Oteh - 1,750
                              Owens - 1,750

This would release another £11,500
                              Overall I think QPR could probably free up around £25,000 from the above players to offer towards the wages of Johansen & Austin to make them QPR's top earners, but would they (or their agents) accept a weekly salary of around £22,500?

https://footballleaguefc.com/queens-...-player-wages/
                              I would love the two to sign but while we as fans always focus on the stars, with seven subs and all the demands of mid week games, to be realistic promotion contenders you need a decent squad. We got off very lightly with injuries this season but even so we lost our two main midfielders for the season, we have to reckon for that.

The other thing is when some fans talk about "releasing" players, unless they are at the end of their contract we can't do that. Its only if someone else is prepared to take them on and the player will accept the wages on offer (and if it is less they won't in most cases).

All of which means, yes it would be great if we can keep the loanees but we shouldn't underestimate how hard that will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X