No announcement yet.

We want our Rangers back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't speak for others but I certainly wouldn't write Kakay or Hamelenein off, they have both shown promise in patches and Kakay's poor performance last night was prob more about temperament and maturity than ability - he made a couple of really poor early errors and that clearly rattled him and he lost all confidence. But have also seen him play well. Depends really on what our ambitions are next season. If the aim were to stay up, think they would do a job. Are they ready to be starters in a team aiming for top 6? I would need convincing personally. But as back up they are perfectly capable. That or loaned to maybe start every match in league one and see if they are up to it when they come back. Ability wise I actually think Tod Kane is a lot better than some give him credit for but if the manager has taken against him for anything off the pitch then given how committed he has made this team play (we were showing the tenacity of a team looking for promotion last night, not Swansea) you have to back his judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      Don’t know if there’s a sly dig there but my feelings on them 2 is they won’t be starters next season but squad players for now ,that may change should they improve.Anyone who watched last night and previous games would know that is the area of the pitch where we are coming up short . Warbs isn’t stupid he will know this , as have MOST of us on here .

I fully agree with you.
      I didn't like Kakay last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Amazing what happens with a bit of patience . Board have been written off , Manager has been written off , Dykes has been written off , now look .
        We cant afford the finished article and picking up cheap players and coaching them hard, with the inevitable errors during games, is all part of that process. Next season we should be exposed to that to a smaller degree than previous seasons. But there will be some new players coming in who will be cutting their teeth on the pitch. As frustrating as it's been, with post match rants, the vast majority of fans could see the bigger picture.

Comment

Kane`s comments about Kakay on snap chat(?) might very well have affected the latter`s form in a negative way . A few weeks back he( Kakay) played very good imo.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Nice to see things starting to come together at the club, and not just due to recent form. It has taken us all this time since Flavio and his pet gnome dumped us at the last minute and we had a disastrous few years, the legacy of which took a number of further years to deal with.

Now have young players coming through, sensible transfer strategy and playing nice football. Warburton looks very good fit for a club like ours. Is a welcome change after the dross of JFH, Ollie and Brolly man.

Long term we will need a new ground if we do want to be able to go up and stay up. For now I'd be happy with us bobbing around midtable and the club being run properly. For those who would say that lacks ambition our budget in this league is lower end and we could easily by now be a division lower. Still remember those losing runs under Ollie and how he almost took us down from a position of safety. Guess what I'm saying is some stability feels good after years of upheaval. Long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Nice to see things starting to come together at the club, and not just due to recent form. It has taken us all this time since Flavio and his pet gnome dumped us at the last minute and we had a disastrous few years, the legacy of which took a number of further years to deal with.

Now have young players coming through, sensible transfer strategy and playing nice football. Warburton looks very good fit for a club like ours. Is a welcome change after the dross of JFH, Ollie and Brolly man.

Long term we will need a new ground if we do want to be able to go up and stay up. For now I'd be happy with us bobbing around midtable and the club being run properly. For those who would say that lacks ambition our budget in this league is lower end and we could easily by now be a division lower. Still remember those losing runs under Ollie and how he almost took us down from a position of safety. Guess what I'm saying is some stability feels good after years of upheaval. Long may it continue.
              That sounds a sensible look at where we are.

I wouldn’t mind pushing a bit harder for the play offs as I think if we by any chance won promotion I think the lessons would really have been learnt from before and the club would do things differently.

Yes, we might come down again but I don’t think we would be saddled with a load of overpaid prima donnas this time.

Comment

Working...
              X