Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want our Rangers back...

Remember those chants?
    Well imo Mr Ferdinand, along with Mr Warburton and the youth & development men have delivered exactly that, with added shiny new bells and whistles attached.
    Dykes was magnificent this evening.
    Willock, seems to be getting better.
    Johanson just glides effortlessly around the pitch, passing to men in the same shirt as himself.
    Who'd have thought it was that easy?
    Dickie normal high level of consistency.
    I actually thought Hamalienen got better as the game went on.
    Lumley looking good and claiming crosses, I do like a keeper that can do that well.
    QPR as a team were a joy to watch tonight.
    They were playing the beautiful game...... beautifully.
    ​​​​​

Agree Dave.

Tonight a team with nothing to play for went away to a team that could still have got automatic promotion and basically battered them. 21 shots we had.

The odd loss to a team that we should be beating is still a source of frustration for me but we are still the third best performing team since January so it's looking very good currently.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

As I mentioned in the match thread it was a joy to watch, in the past in matches like this there was always a feeling of inevitability that we would concede the winner, today we just grew in confidence and passed it around them and I genuinely thought if there would be a winner it would be us and wonderfully that's what happened! Most players were quite good, Kakay was the obvious exception although he did put in a nice cross in the 2nd half and his poor play in the end never cost us! To Dave's OP, yes this was Rangers like good teams in the past, we stayed positive and made attacking substitutions, we played with flair and that is so nice to watch, long may it continue!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Like both comments, particularly Dave's about how easy it turns out to be, thanks to Johansen, to pass to a player who is actually on the same side.

If we win our next game I would make that 44 points from 22 games in 2021 - two points a game is promotion form in anyone's book isn't it?

Comment

The Board has also delivered, don`t forget that.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Yes, but they also must do everything they can to keep this squad together, then we dont need no more than 2-3 signings for the next season IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              I don’t forget that, maybe you have after slagging them months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

To be fair every other poster was.

Comment

Amazing what happens with a bit of patience . Board have been written off , Manager has been written off , Dykes has been written off , now look .

Comment

I think when warbs was appointed everyone felt he’d bring stability and progress. He’s done that and with the January signings we’ve made huge improvements.

I’ll hold my hands up and said earlier in the season we played good stuff but errors cost us and they wasn’t his fault but we’re always basic errors. They’ve been cut out with quality players coming in. I felt prior to Norwich away we’d get thumped and we should of won and warbs would likely get replaced but they stuck by him and invested. We’ve lost Eze and Bos but are playing some cracking football at times players are confident before we lost then it was followed up by 4/5/6 on the spin now we lose we go away and win two tough games away when we’re just playing for pride and giving run outs to Kelman Thomas etc.

The board got some tough choices coming up incomes going to be well down no idea if season tickets are worth buying in case of wave 4 of Covid. Being greedy we would all want Austin, Stefan, field and jordy here on permanent deals along with a RB that may happen if Dieng is sold Bonne I can see going on loan but from a fans point of view there’s at last more good than bad both on and off the pitch and a season coming up that I’m looking forward too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Amazing what happens with a bit of patience . Board have been written off , Manager has been written off , Dykes has been written off , now look .
                      Shame that those principles can’t be applied to the likes of Kakay and Hammy

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Shame that those principles can’t be applied to the likes of Kakay and Hammy
                        Personally I’d keep both but honestly would prefer another Rb in, Kane went from being garbage to playing well back to himself got dropped thought he’d let the world know he’s good enough for Man City to being frozen out. Warbs won’t tolerate that neither will Les. Kakay and nico were surrounded by a defence that had errors throughout them earlier in the season but Wallace has done very well lately nico did ok last night v Swansea kakay started poor and got worse but his attitude seems better than Kane’s

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post

Yes, but they also must do everything they can to keep this squad together, then we dont need no more than 2-3 signings for the next season IMO

I agree, but keeping Stefan Johansen will be very hard.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Go back to bed.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                              I think when warbs was appointed everyone felt he’d bring stability and progress. He’s done that and with the January signings we’ve made huge improvements.

I’ll hold my hands up and said earlier in the season we played good stuff but errors cost us and they wasn’t his fault but we’re always basic errors. They’ve been cut out with quality players coming in. I felt prior to Norwich away we’d get thumped and we should of won and warbs would likely get replaced but they stuck by him and invested. We’ve lost Eze and Bos but are playing some cracking football at times players are confident before we lost then it was followed up by 4/5/6 on the spin now we lose we go away and win two tough games away when we’re just playing for pride and giving run outs to Kelman Thomas etc.

The board got some tough choices coming up incomes going to be well down no idea if season tickets are worth buying in case of wave 4 of Covid. Being greedy we would all want Austin, Stefan, field and jordy here on permanent deals along with a RB that may happen if Dieng is sold Bonne I can see going on loan but from a fans point of view there’s at last more good than bad both on and off the pitch and a season coming up that I’m looking forward too.
                              To be fair, Warburton has also improved from doing basic mistakes from the dugout to seem to have improved vastly?
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X