Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Don't forget, irrespective of the fee offered, there will be a very fat salary package on the table. This will destabilise and turn Dieng's head even if we tell Irons to eff off. Personally, £6mil for a championship goalie isn't laughable or risible. If club had a replacement tee'd up and fee nudged up a bit to 7/8 £million I'd say we'd have to take it.
    I think we have to accept the need to pull in a decent wedge of at least £5 million in sales every close season just to stay afloat. If this season it's Dieng that goes then so be it.
    Yeah, that's the reality as I see it too. We need to bring in £8m a season to cover wages and spend £1-3m a season on promising young players from the lower leagues that we can turn a profit on in the future.

If we could get £7m for Dieng that could increase to £10m depending on appearances that would be a good deal after only one season in the championship. Other players we may be able to make money on in the future would be Dickie, Chair and Dykes. These players could go to the top championship teams that have parachute money for £5-8m each I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I dont think we will sell Dieng in my honest opinion in spite of some of the media speculation, but if we want to keep the loanees, then I do think one or two will have to be let go.

Heres what I think will happen.

1. I think Bonne will be loaned out, perhaps to a L1 club. Recon Kelman will be second or third choice striker from now on.
      2. Dom Ball I think is very likely to be sold, perhaps to free up funds for Austin/Johansen's wages
      3. I dont expect Geoff Cameron to be at the club next season, Sam Field will likely be his replacement who I think stays permanently.
      4. I do expect Jordy De Wijs to be signed permanently next season.
      5. As for Austin, I think he's more likely to stay than Johansen, best chance imo of Johansen staying is if Fulham stay up and are willing to loan him out to us for another season, best option imo is that we look at Scott Twine from Swindon if Johansen cannot be signed.

All of this would be good and also realistic. In a way i'd rather Twine, Johansen gives us a false sense of quality as loan player. He's very bloody good, as a permanent sure, but as a loan he makes us look better than we are (though we are much improved even without him i reckon, however the bar for that was pretty low)

Comment

If he’s sold we should get in Smithies

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
          Exactly what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
            Only if we sell for 16m or more. We need to keep hold of our best players unless offers come in which are too good to turn down.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Only if we sell for 16m or more. We need to keep hold of our best players unless offers come in which are too good to turn down.
              He's on a long contract, there's no reason to sell him unless like you say it's massive, which it won't be. If it were final year and we are in same spot then sure....Joe Walsh looks like there maybe something about him but too young.

Next season is massive for us, we have the makings of a promotion push which might succeed. We'll need all the depth to make that happen. Sign Smithies for the bench haha

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Given the length on his contract I think the club should keep him unless a big fee is offered. He may only have had 1 season in the Championship but it is clear that he is a damn good keeper and is now also a full international.

He has been a vital player in the team this season and the number of clean sheets kept is largely down to his saves, handling and the confidence he brings to the defence.
                If we plan to make progress up the table then we need to keep hold of him .

I know the club wants to sustain itself (a bit like the Norwich model), but £6m is not going to go far. Norwich don't sell their best players for this sort of fee - they get double or triple that in order to fund the club. It's not just about covering wages, but also about funding new signings i.e. Field, De Wijs and if possible Johansen and Austin plus a replacement keeper (I wouldn't want Lumley given a new contract and made No.1 again and don't think Walsh is ready).

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  We are in a good place with this , he is on a 4 year deal ( great work from dof ) .unless we get a ridiculous offer or Dieng downs tools we are in no rush to cash in .
                  YEP! This... could even keep him another year, see if we can push on, if not sell still for a good profit.

Comment

Fabianski for WHU having a mare! Two errors and 2-0 down to Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Fabianski for WHU having a mare! Two errors and 2-0 down to Newcastle.
                      Dieng's price is going up!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Dieng's price is going up!
                        On today's performance, maybe they would give us a few million for Lums?
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Lumley made some fantastic saves but he still scares me with his positioning, he looked his usual indecisive self a couple of times but fair play to him to come in cold and make the saves required to get us the 3 points!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Definitely worth it in Indian rupees!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Lumley made some fantastic saves but he still scares me with his positioning, he looked his usual indecisive self a couple of times but fair play to him to come in cold and make the saves required to get us the 3 points!
                              Lumley was shot after playing behind a pretty useless defence. I wouldnt have any problems if he signed a new contract to be no2 behind Dieng or be no1 if the staff reckon hes recovered form and is worthy of the shirt.

Comment

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...for-qpr-keeper

Comment

Working...
                                X