Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieng

WLS reporting that West Ham are interested in Seny Dieng and are willing to offer £6million for him.

Its a extremely poor offer. Should be looking for at least £15m + 20% profit of next sale clause.

Club should hold firm on this.

We are in a good place with this , he is on a 4 year deal ( great work from dof ) .unless we get a ridiculous offer or Dieng downs tools we are in no rush to cash in .

Comment

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...st-ham-1004213

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        We are in a good place with this , he is on a 4 year deal ( great work from dof ) .unless we get a ridiculous offer or Dieng downs tools we are in no rush to cash in .
        I dont think we will sell Dieng in my honest opinion in spite of some of the media speculation, but if we want to keep the loanees, then I do think one or two will have to be let go.

Heres what I think will happen.

1. I think Bonne will be loaned out, perhaps to a L1 club. Recon Kelman will be second or third choice striker from now on.
        2. Dom Ball I think is very likely to be sold, perhaps to free up funds for Austin/Johansen's wages
        3. I dont expect Geoff Cameron to be at the club next season, Sam Field will likely be his replacement who I think stays permanently.
        4. I do expect Jordy De Wijs to be signed permanently next season.
        5. As for Austin, I think he's more likely to stay than Johansen, best chance imo of Johansen staying is if Fulham stay up and are willing to loan him out to us for another season, best option imo is that we look at Scott Twine from Swindon if Johansen cannot be signed.

Comment

They can ####in double it and had 6 and we'll answer the phone

Comment

I think the emergence of Willock over the last few months has made it even more difficult for Bonne to get in the side . We seem to have gone down the route of one main striker Austin or Dykes with the movement of Chair and Willock either side .That could change should Austin not stay and Bonne moves up the pecking order .

Comment

Realistically I do think some player or players will need to be sold in the summer to finance deals for Jordy and Fields.

Throw in losses in gate money then a sale of either Dieng or Chair is a very real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                Realistically I do think some player or players will need to be sold in the summer to finance deals for Jordy and Fields.

Throw in losses in gate money then a sale of either Dieng or Chair is a very real possibility.

I dont know how much the transfer fees are in the loan deals for Jordy and Fieldy, but I would imagine they would be reasonable when the club negotiated the loan deals for them both, I wouldnt expect the club would have entered into these deals if they we not right for the club.

I dont see us selling Dieng or Chair, you have to bear in mind there will be a lot of clubs who wont have a lot of money even in the PL cause of COVID, so I think its more likely that we will end up selling fringe players like Dom Ball and Bonne in the summer to free up some money to meet some of Austin and or Johansen's wage demands, I expect he will be on quite a lot so I think the club will look at Ball and Bonne to get rid of if thats what needs to happen.

I think the focus has to be on signing the loan players permanently and add 2 wing backs. If we can do that then there is no reason why we cannot be up there competing next season.

Comment

I doubt the deals for JDW and Field will mean we have to sell.
                  I would've thought for the fee to be agreed we already have the money

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I dont know how much the transfer fees are in the loan deals for Jordy and Fieldy, but I would imagine they would be reasonable when the club negotiated the loan deals for them both, I wouldnt expect the club would have entered into these deals if they we not right for the club.

I dont see us selling Dieng or Chair, you have to bear in mind there will be a lot of clubs who wont have a lot of money even in the PL cause of COVID, so I think its more likely that we will end up selling fringe players like Dom Ball and Bonne in the summer to free up some money to meet some of Austin and or Johansen's wage demands, I expect he will be on quite a lot so I think the club will look at Ball and Bonne to get rid of if thats what needs to happen.

I think the focus has to be on signing the loan players permanently and add 2 wing backs. If we can do that then there is no reason why we cannot be up there competing next season.
                    Plus we could release Lumley , Cameron and Wallace which is a big chunk of wages off the books .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Plus we could release Lumley , Cameron and Wallace which is a big chunk of wages off the books .
                      Be difficult to replace Wallace like for like money. I say he is good for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Be difficult to replace Wallace like for like money. I say he is good for another season.
                        He is on 12k a week , I think if we get our scouting right , we can pick up a young energetic capable wing back from somewhere. Wallace will be 34/35 next season , that’s a fair age for a wingback.

Comment

I won’t pretend to know the true value of transfer fees plus loan fees and extra wages for the new players that the club have brought in this season but may well be around the £10m mark.

Throw in loss of gate money and corporate sponsorship then the transfer fee received for Eze could be seen to be exhausted.

Owners putting in £1m per month.

We all know the rolling 3 year FFP has been temporarily suspended but that does not mean we can escape punishment by not being compliant.

Comment

Where did £6m come from ? A Sun reporter valued him ?

Comment

Don't forget, irrespective of the fee offered, there will be a very fat salary package on the table. This will destabilise and turn Dieng's head even if we tell Irons to eff off. Personally, £6mil for a championship goalie isn't laughable or risible. If club had a replacement tee'd up and fee nudged up a bit to 7/8 £million I'd say we'd have to take it.
                              I think we have to accept the need to pull in a decent wedge of at least £5 million in sales every close season just to stay afloat. If this season it's Dieng that goes then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                              X