Dykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dykes

Seems to have learned something from Charlie.
    A lot more effective and involved today.

Yeah, great to see.

I guess getting 10-12 goals in your first championship season is a decent return. It's a big step up from the SPL with only two teams in that league being regarded as top championship clubs by players they curremtly have, not the size of the clubs. Most of the teams he would have played against would be lower L1 and top L2 standard.

Glad for the lad, and great to see the rewards after Warbs had the faith in him to keep him in the team when it wasnt coming off. A great club effort with Dykes.

Comment

Yep it's why we should sign Chaz.
      The fella was very good today which is what we all want

Comment

Also great that Dykes's head didnt drop when it wasnt coming off. Lumley seemed shot after his bad run, but Dykes kept believing in himself when it would have so easy to hide with embarrassment. He must be mentally very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Seems to have learned something from Charlie.
          A lot more effective and involved today.
          I commented in the match thread that his first headed goal was very Austin like, I'm sure he has picked up some things in training from Charlie, long may it continue!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

I said the other day it’s not the worst thing Austin sitting out a few games , we are safe and he’s done what was asked of him .Dykes , Thomas , Bonne etc . Should get more time , they are our players on long term contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              I said the other day it’s not the worst thing Austin sitting out a few games , we are safe and he’s done what was asked of him .Dykes , Thomas , Bonne etc . Should get more time , they are our players on long term contracts.
              And Austin's wages may be offset in the future if we can get a fee for Dykes. Before his arrival it was looking as if Dykes would be heading back to the SPL for a loss. Hopefully we can get Chaz in a dual player/ coaching role for a decent wage. For us to afford him he'll need to take a long term view on what this could lead to on the managerial front because I'm sure he could earn more with other teams. He may have an eye for management by getting his view on the game known through his radio work?

Comment

Well happy for Lyndon. Looked well out of his depth early season but it looks like he’s put in the work and his all round game is getting better.

Comment

Keep it gong Lyndon. You're on a roll now!

Comment

He was excellent today,hopefully that will do wonders for his confidence

Comment

His first goal today was fantastic and indicative of him getting his "radar" fully calibrated. I see it as 50/50 in terms of securing Charlie for next season but I think Dykes will really blossom next season with or without Charlie. I have a huge feeling that Dykes will really come alive and thrive in atmospheres with fans present and I can't wait to be back at games to see him in the flesh.

Comment

Well played dykes, improving all the time. Wasn't his biggest fan at the beginning but the step up has taken time but he's adjusting well. Like any player we have to back them as they are OUR players. Keep it going Lyndon

Comment

Think he’s learned a lot from Charlie in training & playing with him or watching from the bench, his positioning & movement in the box has got better

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            His first goal today was fantastic and indicative of him getting his "radar" fully calibrated. I see it as 50/50 in terms of securing Charlie for next season but I think Dykes will really blossom next season with or without Charlie. I have a huge feeling that Dykes will really come alive and thrive in atmospheres with fans present and I can't wait to be back at games to see him in the flesh.
                            I SO hope you're right. It'd be great for him, the clubs and the fans.

Comment

Was very surprised to see Dykes laying off a pass to a teammate when a chance beckoned for him to secure a hatrick.

Comment

Working...
                              X