Charlie charged by fa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post

They have had all season to do so and failed miserably, it's a good thing we are safe because I don't see us getting much out of games Austin doesn't play in, even when he is not scoring just his presence opens things up for others!
    The next 3 fixtures (and likely ban) are;

Sheff Weds H

Rotherham & Middlesboro A

with Austin 4-7 points
    without 1-2 points

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

The next 3 fixtures (and likely ban) are;

Sheff Weds H

Rotherham & Middlesboro A

with Austin 4-7 points
      without 1-2 points
      I think you might be a little surprised, hope so.

Comment

I wasn't convinced it was intentional at the time (and still don't think it is conclusive), but as you say if they have charged him then it is likely they believe it was. It's a bit like when the VAR tells a ref to review an incident on the screen - meaning they think he got it wring 1st time.

It looks like a 3 game ban for Austin and a chance for Dykes (and maybe Bonne) to show that they have learnt something about goal scoring from him during his loan spell - the former has now scored twice from close range suggesting he has learnt to get into the 6 yard box more frequently.
        Austin has done what he was brought in for , keeping us in the league . He hasn’t scored for 7 games though so maybe a chance for the other strikers to get a go might not be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Austin has done what he was brought in for , keeping us in the league . He hasn’t scored for 7 games though so maybe a chance for the other strikers to get a go might not be a bad thing.
          Agree, but I ask you this: given that Dykes has been afforded a lot of playing time and Bonne not as much but we have seen a fair bit of him, if they both play a lot until season's end and continue to not produce what do we do for next season?
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Agree, but I ask you this: given that Dykes has been afforded a lot of playing time and Bonne not as much but we have seen a fair bit of him, if they both play a lot until season's end and continue to not produce what do we do for next season?
            I’d say that’s still to be decided , does Austin stay or go for next season , is a big factor. I have a feeling we will try to offload Bonne in the summer , it seems even Kelman is ahead of him in the pecking order . I think Dykes will lead the line for us while Austin is suspended and possibly start as our number 1 striker next season should Austin not stay .

Comment

Austin scored against Millwall. He hasn't scored for 3 games.

Comment

I’d say that’s still to be decided , does Austin stay or go for next season , is a big factor. I have a feeling we will try to offload Bonne in the summer , it seems even Kelman is ahead of him in the pecking order . I think Dykes will lead the line for us while Austin is suspended and possibly start as our number 1 striker next season should Austin not stay .
                If Dykes leads the line for the rest of this season and fires blanks , why should he start as number 1 striker next season or even stay ahead of Bonne?

If Austin is banned, I hope Bonne finally gets a run of games, but given the lack of faith shown in him by Warburton, sadly I think you might be correct and he will not be chosen and possibly sold in the summer in favour of keeping Dykes.

Comment

1 goal in 7

Comment

If Dykes leads the line for the rest of this season and fires blanks , why should he start as number 1 striker next season or even stay ahead of Bonne?

If Austin is banned, I hope Bonne finally gets a run of games, but given the lack of faith shown in him by Warburton, sadly I think you might be correct and he will not be chosen and possibly sold in the summer in favour of keeping Dykes.
                    I said possibly if Austin leaves .

Comment

Raffle um off 50p a ticket

Comment

3 match ban confirmed, now we shall see if our strikers have learnt anything or improved without Charlie

Comment

Amazes me that whenever a ref in any other match looks at an incident like this and sees nothing wrong, the ######s in the suits say they are powerless to act, as it was seen by ref.
                          But in this case......

Comment

The FA have today (Friday) issued the following statement:

Charlie Austin has been suspended for Queens Park Rangers FC’s next three matches following a breach of FA Rule E1.1 that occurred during an EFL Championship match against Nottingham Forest FC on Monday [05/04/21].

The forward denied that his behaviour during the 43rd minute of the match, which was caught on camera but not seen by the match officials at the time, constituted violent conduct.

An independent Regulatory Commission found the breach of FA Rule E1.1 proven after considering evidence during a subsequent hearing and imposed the appropriate sanction.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...pended-090421/

Comment

If Austin is out for 3 games I think he needs to put bonne up front with dykes,see what they are made of.
                              not the best of choices but what else is there.

Comment

It's not just his goals it's what he brings to the team and his all round game & work rate , At another level to what we have gives players around him help & confidence, they've all had to try and raise their game

Comment

Working...
                                X