Company Accounts - 31 May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I see Leeds posted a loss of £69 million for last season. I have no idea what the EFL limits on FFP are anymore or if Leeds breached them but £69 million does sound like a breach doesn't it????
    It is a big loss even with Covid, as that only happened for the last 9 games of the season. The EFL should take action as they did with Bournemouth or perhaps if they get relegated they too will be punished like QPR (of course that is not really likely, given the EFL's incompetence).

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
      Depends on what they did in the previous seasons as the calculation is done over 3-season periods isn't it?
      Unless I am mistaken the rules allow for a £39million loss over the 3 seasons though. I don't think they were making a profit in the previous 2 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

It is a big loss even with Covid, as that only happened for the last 9 games of the season. The EFL should take action as they did with Bournemouth or perhaps if they get relegated they too will be punished like QPR (of course that is not really likely, given the EFL's incompetence).
        Exactly, Covid isn't a "Get out of jail free" card for FFP....or at least it shouldn't be. It still angers me that we got so much of a penalty compared to other clubs doing similar and getting slaps on the wrist...I appreciate that some clubs' relegations were the catalyst for a downward spiral but our penalty hangs over us for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Exactly, Covid isn't a "Get out of jail free" card for FFP....or at least it shouldn't be. It still angers me that we got so much of a penalty compared to other clubs doing similar and getting slaps on the wrist...I appreciate that some clubs' relegations were the catalyst for a downward spiral but our penalty hangs over us for 10 years.
          I'd didnt think these payments impact future profit and loss and the owners said they would pay the annual payment themselves. Not sure the fine has any ongoing impact on the operation of the club.

Comment

Working...
          X